GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Cheats & Strategies (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=302)
-   -   98.75% done! ...and I have no idea what I missed (HELP) (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119230)

Drumbot8500 10-06-2009 04:37 PM

98.75% done! ...and I have no idea what I missed (HELP)

So I stopped playing GTA IV last winter, and had only 93.08% done. I just picked up in the game again and decided to finish it off (also wanted to get those random achievements I missed out on -yes, I'm playing on 360)

Anyway, I finished the jumps, got all the pigeons, did all main story and procedural missions -94 missions done, though I saw somewhere there's only 90- (except taxi missions, but from what I understand those don't count towards 100% completion), did the text msg cars, races (FINALLY... Brucie kept telling me he had nothing, even when I was on the right islands), most wanted, vigilante, found all random characters (though in the confusion I might've missed a mission from one of them- though I remember doing them all), and I just went through and did every activity with every friend, even Roman and Dwayne, and beat someone (CPU or friend) at every activity at least once...

So what am I missing??? ARGH! I have 1.25% left to go and don't know what it could be!
My real question here is: Does anybody know what I may have missed that's worth 1.25%?

The only things I could possibly see it being are either a missed random character mission (though 1 and a quarter percent seems a lot for one mission when they're worth 5% all together) OR if you have to take Jacob, Brucie, and Packie out to both the cabaret club AND the comedy club (though I think I even did THAT) OR if you have to do all activities with the girlfriends too (which doesn't make sense since you can dump -or kill- them)...

Sorry to make this post so long. Thanks to anybody who made it through the whole thing. I just needed to make everyone understand my misery with this.
I wanna be part of the 100% club too :(

Slim Trashman 10-06-2009 04:46 PM

Did you...

Win a FULL game of bowling?
Beat the QUB3D high score?
Do the assassination missions?
Do Jacob's drug deliveries?

Drumbot8500 10-07-2009 01:09 AM

I've won several full games of bowling, beat the QUB3D high score, did all the assassinations and drug deliveries. I even have the Bradygames guide, but didn't start using it at first because I didn't wanna spoil anything in the story and wanted to find what I could find for myself.

I guarantee I finished all the main story missions, the drug deliveries, the vigilante, the most wanted, the exotic exports, the races, car thefts (via text msg), assassinations, pigeons, and stunt jumps. I made a checklist and went through to make sure I took Brucie, Jacob and Packie to all the activities each has available to do, and beat them all at their activities.

And now I'm going back to all the locations where the random characters are located to double check and make sure I finished all those missions, though I definitely remember finishing them all (though whether or not I had auto-save on at the time, I can't be completely positive... it was about a year ago when I last played)

At this point, I'm pretty clueless as to what I must've forgotten. All's I know is it has to be something worth 1.25%

Ketil 10-07-2009 05:51 AM

I've just reached 100%... yeah! I was at 99.5% because i missed a random character! Remember that you'll have to meet some of the characters several times, before they are "completed"! Also if you have used cheats during your game, it can block the 100%!! Otherwise I don't know what you are missing!! Maybe you could start all over ;) - it "only" took me about 50 hours to get from 0 to 100%.

Nite 10-07-2009 06:03 AM

keep in mind that some of the random characters you meet have to still be alive or they won't show on the map and you won't make it to 100%, you may have killed some of the random characters you needed.

Slim Trashman 10-07-2009 12:31 PM

I don't believe random characters that can be killed are required for 100% completion, just the same as it's only Brucie, Jacob, and Packie that you have to do the friend stuff for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumbot8500 (Post 2056922)
At this point, I'm pretty clueless as to what I must've forgotten. All's I know is it has to be something worth 1.25%

Strangely enough, there is nothing listed required for exactly 1.25% (via GTA4.net's 100% checklist).

Although my best guess at this point is to check the races. There should be nine total, 3 in Alderney, 3 Algonquin, and 3 on the Eastern boroughs.

lillb 10-07-2009 04:32 PM

I got stuck at 99.5% and have never been able to figure out that last .5%, unless what Nite says is true since I killed that drug dealer guy in the projects (can't remember his name)

zeeshan810 10-07-2009 04:53 PM

Try Darts again.

RobinWijland 10-20-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillb (Post 2057110)
I got stuck at 99.5% and have never been able to figure out that last .5%, unless what Nite says is true since I killed that drug dealer guy in the projects (can't remember his name)

That should be Clarence.
You'll meet him somewhere in Holland I thought. He pulls a Glock on you then you'll blast his friggin' brains over the sidewalk.

rappo 10-20-2009 03:05 PM

Nope, Slim is right - if you can kill the player in the storyline, meeting them is not required for 100%

Cherise, Ivan and Clarence were three that you could have killed in the storyline and they're not required for 100%. Interestingly enough Jeff isn't required for 100% either, although you couldn't kill him in the storyline. Not really sure what the deal is there, maybe he was removed from the game?

Nite 10-20-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rappo (Post 2061666)
Nope, Slim is right - if you can kill the player in the storyline, meeting them is not required for 100%

Cherise, Ivan and Clarence were three that you could have killed in the storyline and they're not required for 100%. Interestingly enough Jeff isn't required for 100% either, although you couldn't kill him in the storyline. Not really sure what the deal is there, maybe he was removed from the game?

strange cause when I played I only got 9 of them to credit, couldn't find the last one -_-

L2K 10-24-2009 11:40 PM

lol I was worried that this would happen so I made sure that I finished the story first and foremost and THEN downloaded a list of things to do to attribute to the 100% Completion List.

Everytime I did something (snuffed a pigeon, did a stunt jump), I crossed it off my list. Took me about a week. =\