GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV Mods (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=318)
-   -   Fatal error after installing vehicle mods (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117383)

doat1 07-18-2009 03:39 PM

Fatal error after installing vehicle mods

I am having a strange problem i installed 3 cars and the game worked perfectly then i installed the mercedes brabus vehicle mod and i got the fatal error. I reinstalled the game and installed the 3 cars i had that worked and now it seems that any car i install i get the error. The fatal error says, GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Code is expecting version %d but file %s has version %d! - Please reinstall GTA IV. This error goes away if i replace my modded files with the original backups. Also am i suppose to rebuild after each file of one car? like after replacing the .wtd rebuild then replace .wft of the same car mod and rebuild?

gorgonut 07-19-2009 04:35 AM

Same here

Although I had inserted more than 3 modified cars I got that message too. The only way to fix it is to reinstall the original wft files or is there an other way?:mad2:

behzad_sol 07-19-2009 07:57 AM

the problem is with the 3D Modelling program named ZModeller 2. as its author says this problem is going to be fixed very soon and he says in the meanwhile, before installing any mod, first of all create backup or else install them at your own risk.

also can you name those mods?

doat1 07-19-2009 11:18 AM

Well the mods i installed before the mercedes Brabus that worked were the Skyline Z-tune - replaces Fortune, Toyota Supra - replaces SultanRS, Pontiac GTO - replaces Coquette, and the Subaru Impreza - replaces Uranus. Those are the car mods that used to work but now when i install anything i get the fatal error, it happened after i tried to install the Nissan 300ZX and the Mercedes Brabus V12.

Do i need to use MagicPatcher before i install cars? I create backups of the files i modify.

behzad_sol 07-19-2009 11:21 AM

so, I say don't install Nissan 300ZX and the Mercedes Brabus V12 and see if it helps or not

Edit: have you installed the 1.4 patch?

doat1 07-19-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behzad_sol (Post 2026561)
so, I say don't install Nissan 300ZX and the Mercedes Brabus V12 and see if it helps or not

Edit: have you installed the 1.4 patch?

I uninstalled the 300zx and brabus and it still didn't work so i replaced all of the modified files with the originals and only install the Z-tune, Supra, and Subaru and i still got the fatal error.

I only have patch 1.3 install

behzad_sol 07-19-2009 11:31 AM

well I get this error only in Hove Beach area, not any other areas. I didn't install any patches myself because I have some problems with them. for testing install 1.4 patch, I hope that it can helps

doat1 07-19-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behzad_sol (Post 2026565)
well I get this error only in Hove Beach area, not any other areas. I didn't install any patches myself because I have some problems with them. for testing install 1.4 patch, I hope that it can helps

Ok i will try that and report back. Thanks

Update: Ok i installed the Skyline Z-Tune and i spent like 30min trying to find it but the game did not crash or anything so i guess teh 1.4 patch helped. I will install the other 2 cars and test again, thanks for the help and +rep.

Ok i installed the Supra and i was driving around for about 10-20min and then my screen just went black but the music was still playing this happens when i play Battlefield 2 as well, ill figure this issue later but so far it seems that installing the 1.4 patch has fixed my error i just hope i can install the 300zx or the Brabus without any issues. Thank you very much Behzad i would rep you but it says i have to spread some reputation around even though i did.

It seems that it is working fine now, i installed a few more cars and played for 30min and no problems at all.

EDIT: Now all of the cars work including the 300ZX and the Brabus V12.

KarlosGaming 01-31-2013 12:57 AM

Hey guys, I installed the general lee car mod and once i was done with it i put the old car back in it's place (Sabregt) and the car is saved in my parking and when i start the game the car is still there but its still the general lee but only the body not the colours or anything like a shadow.
After a minute of gameplay it goes into fatal error, anyway of fixing this???