GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV Mods (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=318)
-   -   Need help with installing cars in GTA IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117155)

doat1 07-12-2009 01:21 PM

Need help with installing cars in GTA IV

I am new to installing mods for GTA IV but i know how to install mods on GTA VC and some on GTA SA. I plan to only really install cars for GTA IV so can anyone help me with the process and tools i need to install cars?

behzad_sol 07-12-2009 01:32 PM

you need SparkIV or OpenIV to install them. Open up "pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.img" and search for the name of the car then press import button and replace with the new one

Edit: create a backup of each original files, they are useful in future

doat1 07-12-2009 02:50 PM

So its the same thing as gta vc and sa, thanks a lot i appreciate it, +rep.

behzad_sol 07-12-2009 02:55 PM

yes it is sir, also thanks for your rep :)

doat1 07-12-2009 05:19 PM

I am glad they kept it the same way and i cannot wait for better zombie mods i hope there is a good team working on one that will be better than all of the zombie mods i have seen for all GTAs.

darkangel89 07-21-2009 09:12 PM

Help me! :( How can i mod GTA IV. i just down mod nissan but when i mod car in gta iv i was renamed fortune.wtd ->pres.wtd. Play game gta so all inside car -> white :|. Why? Help me!

behzad_sol 07-22-2009 12:03 AM

did you also rename the the fortune.wft to pres.wft?

doat1 07-23-2009 10:57 AM

why did you rename the file to pres? I installed the skyline z-tune with original file names and it works fine.

behzad_sol 07-23-2009 11:11 AM

because he wanted to replace another car, not the one its author has recommended

JinxyBoi 07-23-2009 05:05 PM

Yeah, there are like 5 cars that recommend the replacement of the Sultan RS, lol

mitucker 09-15-2010 02:03 AM

hey behzad_sol you seem well skilled in this modding business, I am not completely new I understand car replacements, but I am wondering how to insert a car with its own specifications? Also some other things.. like EPM? the only online tutorial I can find is in german. If you have any info on this it helps, Cheers!

vorpix 05-13-2011 03:15 PM

I really need a HELP

Okay so i installed some skins for cars.I downloaded a car from movie "Tokyo Drift" and i renamed the files .wft and .wtd to sultanrs.wft and sultanrs.wtd. And then i opened SparkIV and installed skins over old SultanRS. When in.game everything looked right, but when i started to drive and i wanted to turn it flipped me over and over. Its like the car wouldn't no weight or like a gravity force?.I mean when i had the OLD SultanRS it worked fine when i turned left or right or when i drifted.But now after i replaced it it was f***** up. For ex. If i turn right, then its gona flip me left on the roof, like big trucks in storms IN-REAL-LIFE. I know i sound stupid but please help! it happened with some cars but i replaced them with another and it worked, but i really want SultanRS as that Mitsubushi car. HELP PLEASE
Thanks! Vorpix

Prospective 06-10-2011 12:19 PM

because he wanted to replace another car, not the one its author has recommended

So you mean that i can replace comet.wft and comet.wtd that author recommend with infernus.wft and infernus.wtd. And can you explain me better how to do it?

Twiztid ICP 06-13-2011 02:51 AM

@mitucker: if you looking for setups on EMP stuff (like your making/modding a car) Try hitting up
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Kottons_Chop_Shop/index/ Kotton is a pro when it comes to gta.

@vorpix: did you install the handling data? If you some how missed that, it can cause the car to flip easily.
Always make sure when you change the name of a vehicle that you change the name of the handling line as well.

@Prospective: If you looking to install a vehicle that's been prenamed like the comet.wft and comet.wtd, all your have to do is
rename those two files with what ever vehicle you want to replace it with (like your example: "comet.wft and comet.wtd that author recommend with infernus.wft and infernus.wtd") you'll also want to rename the handling lines to match the name of the
vehicle your going to install over. So instead of "Comet" you'll be renaming it to "infernus" same goes for the carcols file, and
the vehicles.ide file.

Prospective 06-14-2011 08:04 AM

Ok, thx a lot