GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music, Culture and Easter Eggs (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=304)
-   -   What's up with GTA IV's soundtrack (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109050)

GTA IV KING 09-06-2008 02:11 PM

What's up with GTA IV's soundtrack

I mean i don't mean to be offensive to people who like the soundtrack but it suck's:zcab: i just dont know any of the songs and your lucky if theres 1 or 2 good songs so im sorry this is just my opinion and im not complaining about GTA IV so if anybody thinks this im sorry

[KFC]-ScharK 09-06-2008 02:25 PM

Well, that's what R* was aiming for, that you don't know the songs. Who wants to listen to the same songs they hear everyday on the radio? They actually have quite a few well-known songs anyways. Radio Broker, LCR, Vladivostok, and Beat (sometimes) are my favorite stations besides listening to the comedy on the talk shows. You need to widen your variety of music.. they chose a great selection.. it may not be the best soundtrack yet but they did a good job. I like all of the stations except the Jazz, Fusion, and that Spanish one..

GTA IV KING 09-06-2008 02:32 PM

Maybe your right but the fact is i dont like any of them

Thundercracker 09-06-2008 02:34 PM

Don't have to tell us.

You have to listen to music you don't know before you judge it. I'm pretty sure you ignore everything you don't hear on the radio.

Blaze0785 09-06-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA IV KING (Post 1865732)
I mean i don't mean to be offensive to people who like the soundtrack but it suck's:zcab: i just dont know any of the songs and your lucky if theres 1 or 2 good songs so im sorry this is just my opinion and im not complaining about GTA IV so if anybody thinks this im sorry

If you don't like the radio station don't listen to it problem solved.

Ash_735 09-06-2008 03:02 PM

Easy to solve this, Different people have different tastes. Although to say you've heard of NOTHING at all from the GTA4 soundtrack doubts your taste in music as the game has quite a few famous songs on LRR and The Vibe, etc.

Blaze0785 09-06-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash_735 (Post 1865756)
Easy to solve this, Different people have different tastes. Although to say you've heard of NOTHING at all from the GTA4 soundtrack doubts your taste in music as the game has quite a few famous songs on LRR and The Vibe, etc.

Yes thank you ash_735 maybe GTA IV KING will get that through his head.

GTA IV KING 09-06-2008 06:47 PM

Why is everyone taking stuff the wrong way i get bad rep for nothing

GTA IV KING 09-06-2008 06:50 PM

There is like 2 songs i like on the GTA IV soundtrack Kanye West flashing lights and the song from the GTA IV Xbox 360uk commercial

.:Mouldy Punk:. 09-08-2008 05:59 AM

GTA IV KING: Read the rules and follow them, it might help.

Posting twice in a row is against our forum rules, so next time, just use the http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/imag...ttons/edit.gif button to edit your 2nd post into your first.

Buddah_Lova 09-11-2008 03:47 PM

i love the fact that in every gta game, the music is mostly songs i've never heard before. its great cuz when u start playin u dont know the song then by the end of the game you love it. ive started listening to new artists just because of GTA. my final point: if you dont like "live at the barbecue" by main source (on the station "classics") something is wrong with you!!

Xegethra 09-11-2008 04:06 PM

yeah, its good that they dont have a great well known line up...it means they are openminded and gives a chance for that arist to be heard

and theres some i recognise that came out before this game...theres a goth rock track on one of the rock stations (the one with the liberty spikes) i dont listen to rock much so yeah. theres also i german one i remember a bit. so yeah although i dont know them that much...i have heard them before and remember them. i dont listen to popular mainstream music as it just doesnt cover the genres i listen to (and glad of that too, its well known, but not the point every body knows it) i listen to about maybe...only 4 or 5 mainstream or popular bands, as the genre doesnt get a great deal of coverage.

but enoughabout that...i like the station electorchoc a bit...its not ebm but theres a couple tracks close to it

gta4crazy1 09-14-2008 09:59 PM

for me, 3 was the only game that i didnt know any songs in. Vc i knew mostly everything, SA i knew mostly everything, VCS and LCS were the same. and for me, IV wasnt much different from VC SA etc.. how they said there were going to be underground bands and it ends up being what everyone knows.

JRussell89 09-14-2008 11:16 PM

Initially I wasn't very happy with the soundtrack, but it has grown on me as I have played the game.

Zidane 09-15-2008 02:36 AM

Nothing beats Vice City's soundtrack. But GTA4's is worse than GTA1's, in my opinion, and GTA1's was short and original.