GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   No Clock!!!! (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108277)

Son606 08-22-2008 06:23 AM

No Clock!!!!

I have just got GTA IV in the last few days and one big disadvantage I've noticed is that there isn't a clock anymore in the corner of the screen so you don't know how long it's gonna be by the time it's night or day etc

Plus when you're driving you can't look to your sides easily anymore to do a drive by, instead you have to drag the camear view around while you're driving which is hard to do at the same time!!

Oh and by the way how do you get into the subway with a car on the first island?

TimBud 08-22-2008 06:34 AM

The clock is on your cell phone. :)

Being able to control the crosshair when your driving gives you far more accuracy when shooting. Way better than just having one angle to shoot at form either side.
It will be even more accurate when we get to control the shooting with a mouse too.

ronald711 08-22-2008 09:31 AM

u can check the time by
-cell phone
-bottom of the pause menu
-big digital-clock on top of brucie's building

Ash_735 08-22-2008 11:23 AM

The Clock on the Cell Phone also gives you the date too, and is eaily accessed by just up Up on the D-Pad to check the time. Also keep in mind Time moves slower in GTA IV, instead of the past method of 1 Second Real Time = 1 Minute Game Time, it's now 2 Seconds Real Time = 1 Minute Game Time, so the days last longer.

dokujitsu 08-22-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash_735 (Post 1856145)
Also keep in mind Time moves slower in GTA IV, instead of the past method of 1 Second Real Time = 1 Minute Game Time, it's now 2 Seconds Real Time = 1 Minute Game Time, so the days last longer.

Thanks for explaining that! I noticed it didn't move quite the same! They could even slow it down a little more. 5 secs RT = 1 minute GT would be nice. I know it would take longer if you were waiting for something tho..

BlazingEvanator 08-28-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son606 (Post 1856001)
I have just got GTA IV in the last few days and one big disadvantage I've noticed is that there isn't a clock anymore in the corner of the screen so you don't know how long it's gonna be by the time it's night or day etc

Plus when you're driving you can't look to your sides easily anymore to do a drive by, instead you have to drag the camear view around while you're driving which is hard to do at the same time!!

Oh and by the way how do you get into the subway with a car on the first island?

Theres a way to fit a car in a subway?:confused:

Tyler 08-28-2008 02:22 PM

Not INSIDE A SUBWAY, but on the track's, yes.
Haha.
Theres like an opening that you ride in, during "give me your bike, boots and jacket(???)" Mission.
I have bad memory at names, sorry. :)

Thomas B. 08-28-2008 02:43 PM

the opening is near the hospital in north algonquin.

jim_genius5 08-29-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son606 (Post 1856001)

Dragging the camera is only limited to a few angles when driving at high speeds. You can, though, aim freely at high speeds by just holding the LB (dunno for the ps3), the game will respond to your aiming and the speed effect will be cancelled... you know what I'm sayin'?? :D So just hold the LB button to aim and shoot and the camera will rotate as you like it to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerwisniewski
I have bad memory at names, sorry.

That's 'cuz you jerk off too much. :P

Son606 08-29-2008 07:49 AM

I have now just made it to the second island!!

Can someone tell me where I can find a helicopter to fly? my first instinct was to try the Police station but there's a few and the 3 I checked didn't have any roof access, so where can I find a chopper?

I don't know if there are any at the airport because as soon as I go there the cops are on my back.

jim_genius5 08-29-2008 07:51 AM

South of Algonquin, you should find an icon saying Helitour. Go there and steal one of the choppers.

Ash_735 08-29-2008 08:16 AM

Helitours, it will appear on your radar after that, easy to find, only place with like 4 Helicopters lined up, sticking out of the south of Algonquin in a kind of T-Shape, great view of Broker Bridge if you look north from it.

Son606 08-29-2008 09:16 AM

ok thanks!

By the way is there anything to fly at the airport and what about the police chopper?

Ash_735 08-29-2008 09:18 AM

I avoid the airport due to the Instant 4-Star Wanted Level, but I think a Helicopter spawns there when the story is finished, or when you get 200 Pigeons. As for the Police chopper, no spawn point has been found, but a few people have managed to jack one during a fight, though it was somewhat difficult.

Jimmy_86 08-29-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash_735 (Post 1861413)
As for the Police chopper, no spawn point has been found, but a few people have managed to jack one during a fight, though it was somewhat difficult.

Wow. Are there videos of this?