GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   My New Machinima Project: A Trailer! (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108093)

De7erminist 08-19-2008 08:28 AM

My New Machinima Project: A Trailer!

Hey Guys!

I have just embarked on a new Grand Theft Auto IV Machinima project, entitled “Liberty ‘08″.

To go along with the plan, I have decided to roll out today the first trailer of the Machinima series, which is essentially a series of trailer clips made into a music video.

The trailer was set to the tunes of Baba O’Riley by The Who, and also Royal Gregory by Holy F*ck. It’s about 5 minutes long, but you should watch it to the end for maximum enjoyment! It was edited using Apple Final Cut Pro 6.0.4 on a MacBook with High-Definition source clips at 720p.

Anyway, back to the point I made about the “Liberty ‘08″ Machinima, which would have an estimated release date of somehwere between December 2008 - January 2009. More trailers may also be released in the future for the Machinima series.

The new Machinima will be filmed using the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV, which will be released on November 28th 2008 in North America, as I believe it would be of a more professional quality if I used the PC version, as I do not have a capture card to capture footage from the Xbox 360.

Currently, I am also looking for voice actors for this upcoming Machinima project. If you’re ever interested in a role for the “Liberty ‘08″ Machinima series, you can drop me a line using a PM, or just post a comment here expressing your interest. Just remember to leave your E-Mail address so that I can get back to you!

Enjoy! And do give me your comments and feedback!

More updates will be posted on my homepage, here.

Brotha 08-19-2008 09:41 AM

Awesome work man, I´ll certainly wait for whatever you might have in store for us :) +rep

Neil 08-19-2008 10:31 AM

Is it still machinima if you didn't capture the footage yourself though?

Tendercrisp 08-19-2008 10:52 AM

No offense, but all I really saw was trailer and gameplay preview footage set to an overused song. This gives me no idea of what the actual series is going to be like. Trailers are for previewing what you've made, not rehash of old stuff.

Daddy-19- 08-19-2008 10:56 AM

I would like to be voice actor in this series

John JJ 08-19-2008 12:15 PM

Nice work man, +rep

De7erminist 08-20-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tendercrisp (Post 1853255)
No offense, but all I really saw was trailer and gameplay preview footage set to an overused song. This gives me no idea of what the actual series is going to be like. Trailers are for previewing what you've made, not rehash of old stuff.

Yes, this is really just a GTA IV trailer montage, but it's also kinda like a training for my editing skills, so that I do a good job with the Machinima series. It's also meant to pay homage to GTA IV. Since I don't have a capture card for my Xbox 360 too, I'm going to wait till the PC version comes out, but I'll probably release a 2nd trailer for this Machinima series too, to give you guys a peek into the machinima series.

Thanks for all your positive comments, though!