GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Stunts (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107696)

Voide 08-13-2008 01:36 AM

Stunts
 
Yo, just joined and thought I needed to share something.

I beat the story mode a week after the game came out, and have been screwin around ever since. Today I decided to get to 100% for shits and giggles. The first thing I did was fly under the 14 bridges and got that achievement, 40 Gamerpoints and it probably took me 20 minutes. Then I did the stunt jumps, which took me about 5-8 hours. I had a printout from here, checking off all the ones I had done and shit, and the achievement for that was only 30 Gamerpoints.

I guess what I felt I needed to share was...thats !@#$ing retarded. Anybody else feel that's a bit off? Seeing that, I'm scared to see what kind of "reward" you get for beating the game 100%.

TimBud 08-13-2008 03:54 AM

Didn't piss me off in the slightest. :rolleyes:

Holster 08-13-2008 03:58 AM

Hmm, yeah it is a bit stupid and it's annoying that you don't get little rewards for every 10 stunt jumps/flying rats you get, like in GTA Vice City every 10 hidden packages you got you get another weapon at your safehouse. The rewards are pretty stupid on this one, get all 200 flying rats and it only adds 2.5% towards your 100% haha.

TimBud 08-13-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holster (Post 1848323)
Hmm, yeah it is a bit stupid and it's annoying that you don't get little rewards for every 10 stunt jumps/flying rats you get, like in GTA Vice City every 10 hidden packages you got you get another weapon at your safehouse. The rewards are pretty stupid on this one, get all 200 flying rats and it only adds 2.5% towards your 100% haha.

That one is annoying.
But I kinda got the impression that Voide was more concerned about the achievement points not ingame rewards. :)

Holster 08-13-2008 11:52 AM

Oh right, I don't like Gamerscore whores haha, when people just buy the games just to get the achievements for Gamerscore points ;p

JRussell89 08-13-2008 11:59 AM

Disn't really get to me either. I guess I'm used to getting hosed by R* for attempting to get 100%. San Andreas was the only GTA that gave you any kind of decent reward for 100%. Oh yeah, welcome to the forums.:D

Voide 08-13-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBud (Post 1848415)
That one is annoying.
But I kinda got the impression that Voide was more concerned about the achievement points not ingame rewards. :)

if you noticed, i first commented on how I was trying to get 100% in GTA. The gamerscore was just a way of comparing the different tasks, since I didn't know how much flying under the bridges raised the total percentage.

As far as being a gamerscore whore, just thought I'd put something into perspective. I bought a 360 back in January and have 3 games. Forza (came with it), Halo 3, and GTA IV. I bought this thing for GTA, and without its release, I'd still be playing GTA: SA on the original Xbox. None of the other games excite me, and I could not care less about gamerpoints.

GarrettQ 08-13-2008 10:45 PM

Ive never really played any of the GTA's for the points or rep. I have gotten 100 percent on III and vice city, but not SA or IV. I dont really intend to either. I just like blowing shit up and causing chaos.

Watch the news, cause if i do anything stupid, ill blame GTA. :laugh: If only i can find a way to massively contribute to "global warming", so i can blame the game for that. Im still waiting for that news headline.

GarrettQ

Holster 08-14-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voide (Post 1848738)
if you noticed, i first commented on how I was trying to get 100% in GTA. The gamerscore was just a way of comparing the different tasks, since I didn't know how much flying under the bridges raised the total percentage.

As far as being a gamerscore whore, just thought I'd put something into perspective. I bought a 360 back in January and have 3 games. Forza (came with it), Halo 3, and GTA IV. I bought this thing for GTA, and without its release, I'd still be playing GTA: SA on the original Xbox. None of the other games excite me, and I could not care less about gamerpoints.

Nah, I didn't mean that against you mate. you don't seem like a gamerscore whore to me, i was just on about other people when it comes to that.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.