GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   STILL not a GTAIV owner.. but i have a question (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107253)

killahmatic 07-31-2008 02:02 PM

STILL not a GTAIV owner.. but i have a question

so yeah, money has been low for me lately so still no gta iv for me, so ive been staying away from this forum for obvious reasons.. but my friend was tellin me alil about it and he said it has "stupid inverted shit". can anyone tell me exactly what that means?

Thundercracker 07-31-2008 02:04 PM

That's about as descriptive as calling the waitress who served you "orange pineapple slush".

It doesn't make sense, I'm afraid.

Staffybull97 07-31-2008 02:07 PM

Tbh, that doesn't sound like it makes a lot of sense, but I could be wrong.

thenotsogoodtrickster 07-31-2008 02:27 PM

Only thing I can decipher from the statement is that he could mean the decisions you make. Sometimes you make decisions that give you good benefits, and some that has bad benefits, and some that have bad benefits but are morally good. That's what I think he could have been referring to, anyway.

That, and what claud3 said above ^

scott 07-31-2008 02:51 PM

it sounds like he's talking about controls.

inverted is where down is up and up is down, like a fighter jets controls. if this is a complaint he has about the game, you should point out to him it can be turned off in the controls menu..

Blaze0785 07-31-2008 03:00 PM

nice explanation scott

grittack 07-31-2008 03:20 PM

you can CHOOSE if you want to have it inverted or not.

atdray 07-31-2008 04:50 PM

Maybe he's talking about the death scenes? When you die, all the colors onscreen fade to an inverted state, and the joystick controls turn all funky. Then again, he did say it was "stupid", and I don't see how that can stupid, so I'm probably fucking wrong. :P

GarrettQ 07-31-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claud3 (Post 1841983)
that is the inverted camera mod he is talking about to some like it of where up is down and down is up and some like it on which means up is up and down is down i think that is what he is talking about

Huh? I read that like 3 times and i cant quite follow along.

I have no clue what your friend is implying, get a second opinion. If you have a video game rental place in your area, then rent it. If thats not an option, tell your friend to lend it to you. What good is he gonna get out of it if he doesnt like it.

GarrettQ

Blaze0785 07-31-2008 05:09 PM

claud3 you type fast i was almost about to say the samething as you did

atdray 07-31-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claud3 (Post 1842037)
dude what do you not understand it is the camera he is talking about and the intverted camera is an option in the controls menu where if you have it of then pushing up will make the camera move down and pushing down will make the camera move up. And if you have the intverted switchd on then if you push up then the camera will go up and if you push down then the camera will go down. That is how i explained it

When he says he doesn't quite follow what you're saying, I think it's due to the lack of punctuation and proper spelling in your posts. That's my guess. :)

But I do understand what you're saying. It could very well be what the OP's friend was talking about.

GarrettQ 07-31-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atdray (Post 1842075)
When he says he doesn't quite follow what you're saying, I think it's due to the lack of punctuation and proper spelling in your posts. That's my guess. :)

But I do understand what you're saying. It could very well be what the OP's friend was talking about.

Yeah thats what threw me off. Didnt mean any harm by it. ;)

If he was indeed talking about the inverted option on the camera's axis, then he hasnt played very many games. Almost every third person or first person game has the option of inverting the camera's axis. well, at least since dual joysticks started appearing on game controllers.

GarrettQ

danhex 07-31-2008 10:26 PM

which stupid inverted shit were you refering to?

De7erminist 08-01-2008 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killahmatic (Post 1841975)
"stupid inverted shit"

Don't believe the lies your friends have been telling you. Nothing in GTA IV, or any GTA game for that matter, is ever 'stupid'. He must have been playing Saint's Row, and got mixed up, or something. Grand Theft Auto is one of the best games you can get out there that is value for money, I don't think much other games fit this bill anyway. It's not stupid, because if it is, then every video game that he has played must be stupid, and your friend must reallu hate video games, I suppose?

killahmatic 08-02-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 1841999)
it sounds like he's talking about controls.

inverted is where down is up and up is down, like a fighter jets controls. if this is a complaint he has about the game, you should point out to him it can be turned off in the controls menu..

haha thanks! yeah i assumed he was talkin about the controls but i didnt know cuz he left right after he said that (on AIM). yeah ill throw that at him and see what he has to say