GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Early Feature taken out. (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107211)

danhex 07-30-2008 12:34 AM

Early Feature taken out.

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, i actually do know this is mad old , so no need to tell me, but i was just playing my game, saw people coming in and out of the gas station quite frequently tbh, and was just wondering if rockstar ever announced that you needed gas for your vehicle, and took the feature out, i find it quite interesting, that cars trucks etc, go up to the gas pumps, sit their, roll a job and leave(not literally, but in the time alloted they could of) opinions?

::EDIT:: sry 4 crappy pic, camera phone. only 1.5 mp

CB 07-30-2008 04:25 AM

You absolutely right, R* did claim that the city would be more active, one of these features being that peds will fill up and go inside to pay. But unfortunately, true to R* tradition, some things were left out, either it wouldn't fit on the disc or they felt it was unnecessary. Either way, it is quite a shame, but there are a few things missing from original statements. Whether or not DLC/Updates will allow us to have these or not is unknown, but it's something we just have to live with.

P.S, if you're that worried/annoyed about it, throw a grenade in there to express your angst :D

Leeham 07-30-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

true to R* tradition
Every developer does it...

CB 07-30-2008 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeham (Post 1841401)
Every developer does it...

Um yeah, but R* made this game, no one else.

scott 07-30-2008 06:16 AM

R* notoriously leave cool shit out, i was truly gutted when you couldnt pop tyres with a screwdriver in VC.

danhex 07-30-2008 03:16 PM

lol @ scott, but yeah i was a lil annoyed you couldnt fill up, thought it would of been cool, but then again who wants to run out of gas on a police chase!

Blaze0785 07-30-2008 03:18 PM

yeah that would be irratating but at the same time cool because you run out of gas then you have to make run escape so part of it could be bad but part of it is a good idea

danhex 07-30-2008 06:09 PM

definitly right my dude...would be fun w.o a doubt.

Ash_735 07-30-2008 06:25 PM

But at the same time, more people would hate the game, enough people already Hate GTA IV because it's realism kills the fun, Imagine doing a long ass mission like Three Leaf Clover and in the last moments your car runs out of Gas allowing the N.O.O.S.E to bullet rape you causing you to fail and start again. Like getting run over, cool at first, but then gets annoying.

Blaze0785 07-30-2008 06:56 PM

but the realism is what makes it fun and it's about time for gta games to finally get serious but still nice explenation ash 735

Grimmy 07-30-2008 07:05 PM

I want it to be fun and not realistic.

Blaze0785 07-30-2008 07:08 PM

it would be sweet if they had a cheat to make the game like san andreas none realistic and then change it to realstic

Comeback209 07-30-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChandlerBing (Post 1841397)
You absolutely right, R* did claim that the city would be more active, one of these features being that peds will fill up and go inside to pay. But unfortunately, true to R* tradition, some things were left out, either it wouldn't fit on the disc or they felt it was unnecessary. Either way, it is quite a shame, but there are a few things missing from original statements. Whether or not DLC/Updates will allow us to have these or not is unknown, but it's something we just have to live with.

P.S, if you're that worried/annoyed about it, throw a grenade in there to express your angst :D

I'm sorry, but fucking fail.

grittack 07-30-2008 11:30 PM

running out of gas would be pretty cool as an option. as in where you get to pick if cars run out of gas or not. it would add realism and a bit of intensity at times for those who want it, yet allow those who don't want it to have it off and essentially have infinite gas w/o having it as a cheat.

bank job 9 07-31-2008 12:33 AM

Another thing that i thought would be REALLY cool would that at random some cars would be automatic and some would be Stick-Shift.