GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   GTA IV for Windows listed briefly on ESRB site (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107105)

De7erminist 07-26-2008 09:32 PM

GTA IV for Windows listed briefly on ESRB site

Source: http://kotaku.com/5029574/gta-iv-for...listed-on-esrb

The guys at Kotaku (Via GAME-ON-GAME) have manage to catch a screenshot of the ESRB site when details of GTA IV for the PC was posted on the site, but was later removed.

Fake, or not fake? Do you guys think it's a hoaz, or is it pure mistake by the ESRB guys?

Discuss...

Thundercracker 07-26-2008 09:34 PM

I'm pretty certain this is confirmation.

Jakenz 07-26-2008 10:13 PM

hmm so its gonna be released on games for windows...good and bad. if they made it vista only its fucking bullshit because the 360 and ps3 run on DX9c tech in one way or the other and it would be silly to do so on pc xp will run it fine...

yeah im certain about the news too :)

ahhh imagine the mods! multiplayer mods physics mods weapon mods fingerless glove mods lol. who knows they might be hidden in the game!

Thundercracker 07-26-2008 10:17 PM

They have no reason to release as Vista exclusive given the poor reception of other Vista exclusive titles.

Jakenz 07-26-2008 10:28 PM

ok thats good, but i wouldnt be suprised ya know

Jaytow 07-27-2008 12:31 AM

Maybe they could add some of the missed features through modding, that'd be pretty darn cool.

victim 07-27-2008 02:01 AM

From memory the exact same thing happened with the Playstation2 version of Vice City Stories. Pretty much confirmed.

TimBud 07-27-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olin (Post 1839838)
They have no reason to release as Vista exclusive given the poor reception of other Vista exclusive titles.

Thats exactly the reason they would release it as a Vista exclusive though.

MisterBlanco 07-27-2008 02:39 AM

GTA4 is going on PC???

WTF!! THAT WASNT EXPECTED :eek:

:retardo2:

oppar 07-27-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBud (Post 1839883)
Thats exactly the reason they would release it as a Vista exclusive though.

So that they get poor sales as well?

Xan 07-27-2008 07:00 AM

If GTAIV is running on a console, that means it won't be DX10 exclusive unless they actually modified it to support it. I've read that one of the consoles doesn't support DX10 naturally, but they can still replicate the DX10 effects. I think it was the PS3?

So unless Rockstar wants to work harder for less money, no problem.

De7erminist 07-27-2008 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan (Post 1839955)
If GTAIV is running on a console, that means it won't be DX10 exclusive unless they actually modified it to support it. I've read that one of the consoles doesn't support DX10 naturally, but they can still replicate the DX10 effects. I think it was the PS3?

So unless Rockstar wants to work harder for less money, no problem.

True. But they may also use GTA IV PC as a testing grounds for the RAGE engine running on DX 10. Remember that RAGE is an in-house engine, they will also use it for the rest of their games such as Midnight Club LA.

Xan 07-27-2008 07:23 AM

Considering that Rockstar was already paid money to have "exclusive" DLC on the Xbox 360. They could just pay them again to have it on Windows Vista only.

Microsoft has already taken steps to take XP out of the overall industry (Discontinued practically), it's pretty obvious they want Vista to succeed as fast as possible

TimBud 07-27-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5tatic (Post 1839935)
So that they get poor sales as well?

Any GTA title will rack up big sales. If its Vista exlcusive that would help M$ big style.
I'm not saying its a good thing, but from past experience M$ are putting alot of money into GTAIV.
But it really wouldn't surprise me at all if they did this.

Can't believe some child gave me neg rep for giving an opinion?! :confused:

Antonio Montana 07-27-2008 09:48 AM

I don't know why there are all these Vista haters out there.. I'm using Vista since the SP1 was out, no actual problems.. but not to make this a Vista argument topic, I'm just going to say if GTAIV comes out to be a Vista exclusive, I think some of you could get a change of heart :D I know I would if I wasn't using Vista already.. lets just be happy that it looks like we'll get the game soon for the PC