GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   WHEN should the next GTA be set? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105751)

dokujitsu 06-22-2008 07:53 PM

WHEN should the next GTA be set?

Inspired by Markonious' post, when should the next one be set?

I think it should be in the future. Cars Back to the Future 2 style - drive or fly. Hoverboards. Jet packs.

Weapons with old fashioned bullets but also lasers. Maybe an unlockable ZF-1?

We've done the past and present. Let's get creative.

yimpat 06-22-2008 08:34 PM

Nah,not the future.One of the great things about GTA is how it nails the culture of the time period in which its based perfectly. To have it based in the future means that it wouldn't have that same sort of appeal. I don't like the idea of hover boards or back to the future style cars. It would be entering sci-fi territory too much for my liking.I have nothing against sci-fi , It's just something I wouldn't desire to see on a disk bearing the title of GTA,especially if it delves into the many future cliche's such as hoverboards. I think another game in the present could be potentially great if they take it to a good setting. Perhaps outside of America. Already from the base up things would be considerably different since another country means another culture.

Tyler 06-22-2008 08:46 PM

I would say the past.
Maybe around the 1950's, 60's, or 70's.
Just imagine the graphic's and physic's!

Or if anything, present time in a different country.

SA 06-22-2008 09:05 PM

they should try the 70s

Johnny-Z 06-23-2008 12:38 AM

The present would be good, if they do Vice City again in the next GTA it would be cool to see it in present.

norby89 06-23-2008 12:40 AM

in the near future (just like GTA2)

Jay_BillyWR250 06-27-2008 02:31 AM

I think gta in Vice City would be sweet.Img this walking down the street,seeing a house in little havana,you see through the window people partying,you go inside the open door,music is playing people are having a good time.Depending on the time of day if they arnt drunk yet,say 8 pm they say get out of our house,then u come back at 12 pm and they are drunk and don't even care that you are a stranger,they start partying with you as the people next door yell at them to be quiet,next thing you now the cops show up,so you book it over a fence.Come back next day and the house is trashed and people are passed out on couches with the tv still playing.This small house in a large city is just one little thing,but this real life feal that rock star is trying to capture would top it off.It's possible but r* has to do thing like this right not half done.

power valve 06-27-2008 04:36 AM

Definitely a next generation vice city, no doubts to it, it would be awesome.

Jay_BillyWR250 06-27-2008 12:26 PM

I was also thinking.Ocean Beach drive with lights of all colors along the buildings and people siting out front clubs,custom cars that people are showing off doing burnouts up the street you know,something different rather then the cars driving perfectly by "so boring".The whole party feel of Miami thrown in,like i said before, you look inside and people are partying having a good time the realistic is what i am after.What you all think?

Pablo Escobar Jr. 06-27-2008 12:33 PM

The 70s.

Well, I would like to see Vice City in the 80s again. And San Andreas in the 70s.

Jay_BillyWR250 06-27-2008 12:39 PM

Seeing SA in the 70's i can picture that with impala's and muscle cars controling the streets.

claud3 06-27-2008 05:54 PM

I would like to see a gta i between Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories. Because all main characters were alive then so a story that had all of in it. In all truth a Gta Carcer City game

Strike. 06-27-2008 06:10 PM

A modern day Vice City would be awesome.

jaybay20000 06-27-2008 06:23 PM

i agree with claud3 and 70s in SA?? that would be crazyyy imagine playing as The Truth?? or jus seein a bunch of hippes everywhere and jimi Hendrix playin on the radio that would be awesomeee and i like the modern day VC too

JRussell89 06-27-2008 07:09 PM

I like the SA in the 70's idea. I personally think R* could do a great job making fun of all the pop culture of the 70's. Just imagine the parodies; Fantasy Island, Sanford & Son, The Love Boat, The Donny and Marie Show, Barney Miller, etc. It would be hilarious! Also, the soundtrack would have so much potential. Arena rock, punk, disco, funk, r&b, etc. the list goes on. Think about, the atmosphere would be awesome(oh god, I used awesome again).:smoke: