GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Multiplayer (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=299)
-   -   Zombie characters report in. (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103874)

Mean_Raffa 05-06-2008 06:24 PM

Zombie characters report in.

I have the zombie,
I do not know how I got it.
But let's try and solve it in this topic..

Some info:
-I own the PS3 PAL version.
-When I'm in the 'player model' screen, it says on the bodem of the screen " L1 ZOMBIE ". So by pressing L1-button my charcter becomes a zombie. When pressing L1 again, my character becomes normal again.
-I cannot put much clothes on the zombie, only hats and glasses.
-There is no female zombie. (or at least not with me)
-Never made it to rank 10.

The weird thing, everytime I start the GTA IV, my online ranking is not saved. So I keep starting at rank 0, (wich sucks) (many PS3 PAL people have this problem.) Still, the zombie skin is always available to me.

Sorry for my crappy English.

iKlipse 05-06-2008 06:26 PM

I just got it then when I became rank 1 in Multiplayer.

Mean_Raffa 05-06-2008 06:47 PM

Are you by any chance also a member of the Rockstar Social Club with the same email you play multiplayer ? If so, did you also became a Social Club member BEFORE the GTA IV releasedate ?
Maybe it's that ? Or maybe not.

There must be something we have in common...

iKlipse 05-06-2008 07:00 PM

I registered on the social club when I got GTA IV on the 29th.

Zombie skin is just an unlockable. When I unlocked it, I also unlock 4 more different types of clothing.

j_harvill 05-06-2008 11:16 PM

same thing has happened to me i have the zombie not sure how the game wont save my level i registered to the social club the day it opened other than that i cant think of any reason i would have it i heard it might be because you killed or have been killed by a rockstar guy anyone with the zombie should post there PS3 tag pasqualy

calumn 05-07-2008 05:59 AM

Some info:
-I too own the PS3 PAL version. (bought on launch, signed up after 20 minutes of release.

- I can toggle between clothed / zombie characters by pressing the L1 button.
-the zombie model options are very limited to that of a clothed model. hats and sunglasses/shades (maybe more will become available at higher ranks)
- Not sure if the Zombie model is available to the selected few at Rank 0, as I only noticed the 'L1, Zombie' after gaining my first rank.
- Ever since using the Zombie option, the cash i earn through online multiplayer doesnt seem to keep (disappears once I log in from the night before, although this may be thanks to me turning my playstation3 off via the plug socket instead of actually quitting the online play)
- Im at Rank 1.
- I dont like to blow my own horn, but I am one of the better online players. (hidden online achievments maybe)
- I have only ever played Deathmatch and Freeroam game modes.
- I won my first 10 online matches. (sorry, but this might help)
- I havent completed the Storyline.
- Im 50% through.

and thats pretty much everything there is that could affect the option to use the zombie.
I think

- Calumn

PSNID: CalumnJohnston
oh, and everyone I've spoken who has the option to press L1, has a playstation 3.

Ve3tro 021 05-07-2008 07:35 AM

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/articl...iplayer-Zombie

unFunGames 05-07-2008 04:42 PM

My theory is that it has something to do with how long you play the game. that would make sense...i guess.

Jaytow 05-07-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calumn (Post 1795860)
Some info:
-I too own the PS3 PAL version. (bought on launch, signed up after 20 minutes of release.

- I can toggle between clothed / zombie characters by pressing the L1 button.
-the zombie model options are very limited to that of a clothed model. hats and sunglasses/shades (maybe more will become available at higher ranks)
- Not sure if the Zombie model is available to the selected few at Rank 0, as I only noticed the 'L1, Zombie' after gaining my first rank.
- Ever since using the Zombie option, the cash i earn through online multiplayer doesnt seem to keep (disappears once I log in from the night before, although this may be thanks to me turning my playstation3 off via the plug socket instead of actually quitting the online play)
- Im at Rank 1.
- I dont like to blow my own horn, but I am one of the better online players. (hidden online achievments maybe)
- I have only ever played Deathmatch and Freeroam game modes.
- I won my first 10 online matches. (sorry, but this might help)
- I havent completed the Storyline.
- Im 50% through.

and thats pretty much everything there is that could affect the option to use the zombie.
I think

- Calumn

PSNID: CalumnJohnston
oh, and everyone I've spoken who has the option to press L1, has a playstation 3.

I have it to.. and not to show off but I win every game I play and 99% of the games I do play are deathmatch. Don't think I've came second yet. Maybe it's for a high Kill per death.

Mean_Raffa 05-07-2008 06:07 PM

Same here,

My deaths are always very low, and my kills very high.
1st in the deathmatches most of the time.

I also found out by pressing L1 while in online play, you can make zombie sounds, insead of saying 'Hey' as usual.

Qontrol 05-07-2008 07:14 PM

lol.

You will unluck the zombie model once you reach the 1st rank, This has been confirmed by rockstargames a few days ago, After some mess on it....

nikothemute 05-19-2008 12:58 AM

did anybody else notice how once you're a zombie and you enter a motorcycle/motorbike race, you can use a special zombie bike?

M-O-P-E-Y 05-19-2008 02:03 AM

the zombie bike isnt special. btw ive been able to b a zombie for a long time

Jimmy_86 05-19-2008 08:57 AM

I can choose the Zombie model as well, not sure how/when I got it though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikothemute (Post 1804407)
did anybody else notice how once you're a zombie and you enter a motorcycle/motorbike race, you can use a special zombie bike?

One of the bikes in GTA IV is called "Zombie", is this what you mean?

Chigurh 05-24-2008 03:51 PM

I'm a zombie...

Is it true you get it when you win a match with a Rockstar employee?