GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting & Technology (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=303)
-   -   So we can't play multiplayer? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103548)

MadBoy 05-03-2008 09:43 AM

So we can't play multiplayer?

Hello.

So i singed out of PSnetwork and the game stopped freezing. But now wtf does this mean? We can't play multiplayer?????? WTFFF!!! this is one of the major reason i wanted the game.. is there anythintg to do to get this fixed? Any way to contact Rockstar and will that do anything??? out of the 5 mins i got to play multiplayer.. it sucked.. so far this game sucks... i give a 1/10.

EDIT: ALSO, like said on another thread... mine still gets frozen on the loding screen... i have to reboot the ps3 several times to get it working

Please what should i do about this.. i cant play like this... do i contact ps3? rockstar? or what? i wanna return this peice of shit game

Geddes 05-03-2008 09:51 AM

Search the internet for rockstars site.
Go on customer services.
Write to the relevant E-Mail address explaining the problem.
Be polite in the E-Mail. (I can see the last bit being difficult for you)

ktr 05-03-2008 09:53 AM

Couldn't you resign-in to psn in the game?

kingcars 05-03-2008 11:08 AM

Dont worry, I'm sure there's gonna be a patch ASAP. This problem is way too widespread to ignore.

Draven 05-03-2008 11:19 AM

i started that other thread about getting stuck on the loading screen but like you i thought well now i cant play multiplayer but i signed back onto psn ingame and played mulitplayer fine and ive been playing since and no freezes or crashes

sh4dy15 05-03-2008 12:57 PM

Damn dude relax. You can sign back into the playstation network INGAME from your phone when you want to play multiplayer and it works fine, i think its just a problem when your loading single player and signed into psn and its only a problem for some which im sure rockstar will fix shortly.

the punisher 05-03-2008 02:25 PM

You can try playing, and it's bound to work sometimes, but I advise playing single player till the strain decreases a bit or GameSpy improve their servers.

CB 05-03-2008 02:57 PM

Oh the beauty of Xbox Live.

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect, must blow.

BiggerThanJesus 05-03-2008 06:39 PM

Yeah, R* hasnt got the PS3 online right from the off. At first it wouldn't connect. Then it would but would randomly disconnect for no reason. Now if you're signed in to PSN it'll freeze starting up and freeze if you try to sign-in in-game.

Wasnt missing it anyway, barely got a proper crack at it yet.

Deserved it though seeing as it all went tits-up about 5 minutes after I told me mate I was having no problems with it.

Trumpormonkey 05-03-2008 07:52 PM

Ok let me explain the problem alittle better so then more people understand what the problem is and can help us.

Whats happening is that when you have an ethernet cable connected to your Playstation 3, when you load up GTA 4, it doesn't load the game and sticks on the "Loading - *Mission*" Generally, when the music stops, the playstation's not loading.

To counter it you can take out the Ethernet cable, then Single Player will work fine, then you can replug your Ethernet cable and it should automatically sign you in, then the game would freeze, even if it's a manual connect after pressing the multiplayer button on your phone.

So far I'm pretty sad that I can't even play Multiplayer.

Shadow Conception 05-03-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChandlerBing (Post 1792930)
Oh the beauty of Xbox Live.

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect, must blow.

lol, you think it's PSN's fault? That sure explains why when I reinstalled the data file, multiplayer began working again!

zeppelin 05-03-2008 08:52 PM

mines doin the same thing

geoldr 05-03-2008 11:17 PM

It works fine for me now. I think Rockstar was just doing some server maintenance, and messed up a bit. Social club wasnt working for me either, and the single player game connects to social club to update stats. So I figured that's why its down. Well it works now so its all good!

california6066 05-04-2008 01:20 PM

Theres major problems with the ps3 version of the game, the 360 version still has its problems although for some reason im actually able to connect better online now although somtimes it does freeze during loading. I think during the next couple of weeks rockstar really needs to release a patch to fix all of thes bugs because it is annoying and i understand 100% how you feel

Jonny98 05-04-2008 02:33 PM

Give it a week or so a patch will come out.....but for now your going to have to live without