GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting & Technology (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=303)
-   -   GTA stuck in loading ?? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103532)

Draven 05-03-2008 04:30 AM

GTA stuck in loading ??

Ive just done the mission Wrong Is Right the i shutdown my ps3. then when i come to play it today it wont load the screen goes black and you get the "Loading-WRONG IS WRIGHT" in the corner but i never goes past it.

This is the first problem ive had with gta4 and i already tried deleting my gta4 game files still didnt work any ideas??

Trumpormonkey 05-03-2008 04:39 AM

Same with my savegame on ...Final Interview

I saved it when I could replay the mission, now it won't damn load.

.:nemesis:. 05-03-2008 04:40 AM

Just had it this morning myself, i deleted/reinstalled the actual game data 2 times and still no difference, i then deleted the save that wasn't loading and now it's working fine, so i think it's the actual save that gets corrupt, not the game data as previously thought.

ska 05-03-2008 05:18 AM

So there's no way round this? Sigh.

Draven 05-03-2008 05:22 AM

ive found that singing out of psn works for me soon as i singed out the game is working fine so i hope that helps. after trying many diffrent things i found that turning off auto sign and just singing out has cured it for me so try that guys as its probably the easiest fix if it works as every other fix ive read about requires full formats of the ps3 hdd and disabling all kinds of settings.

Japisee 05-03-2008 08:16 AM

I'm having that problem now too. Damn it.

Holster 05-03-2008 08:55 AM

I've just had that problem. It just said "Loading - Rigged To Blow", and did nothing, I switched it off, tried it again a couple of times, just the same. Then I switched it off, disconnected the ethernet cable from the PS3 to the modem, and it works now, so I guess if you aren't on the internet on it, it could work again, it's working now. What a relief!

Trumpormonkey 05-03-2008 09:10 AM

This is pretty annoying, so if I pull out my ethernet cable it will work but multiplayer won't?

When I put the ethernet cable back in, and join a game it said dissconnecting, returning to single player :/

I hope rockstar patch this up.

Ah now it works, just give it some time

ska 05-03-2008 09:21 AM

What, you mean wiait the load out?

Signing out of psn DOES work to get passed it, someone should email R*

.:nemesis:. 05-03-2008 09:29 AM

I've also disabled auto-log-in to keep this at bay, i'm on wireless to PS3, so no need to disconnect a cable.

PM7X 05-03-2008 09:34 AM

I just got this, I completed the story last night and not it just says "LOADING - STORY COMPLETE".

I'm gonna try to do it without signing in. I hope this doesn't become a permanent issue.

Edit: It loaded but when I tried to sign on using the Multiplayer function in the game my PS3 completely froze. This has to be some kind of and issue with the PSN.

Geddes 05-03-2008 09:46 AM

Yup. It's definately to do with being online. Same thing happened my way.
I've E-mailed rockstar customer services. I'd advise that anybody with this problem does the same.
The more people they know have a problem the quicker rockstar should sort it.
Just be polite in the E-mail. Yes it's an irritating problem, but they made the game in the first place so no need to be snippy.

MadBoy 05-03-2008 10:43 AM

MINE IS DOING THIS SHIT TO IM SO MAD FUCK ROCKSTAR FUCKING FAGGOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! IM GONA TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE AND RETURN IT .. IF HE DOESNT TAKE IT IM GONA SHOVE IT UP HIS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING GAME EVER

DJ Nick 05-03-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadBoy (Post 1792725)
MINE IS DOING THIS SHIT TO IM SO MAD FUCK ROCKSTAR FUCKING FAGGOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! IM GONA TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE AND RETURN IT .. IF HE DOESNT TAKE IT IM GONA SHOVE IT UP HIS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WORST FUCKING GAME EVER

I lol'd

I'm also freezing up at certain points.
Sometimes it freezes while loading, sometimes at the "Loading - <mission name>" part, sometimes ingame, where the radio stops playing, and the textures don't load.
This is becoming very annoying, does anyone have an email i could...email? :P

kingcars 05-03-2008 11:03 AM

I had that same loading problem but removing my ethernet cable did the trick.