GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Gameplay Videos (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102547)

dkgta 04-24-2008 01:07 AM

Gameplay Videos

ok so rockstar gets upset with all the gameplay video leaks...what do you expect, you have so much hype for this game + rockstar gives us little info in gameplay videos + games get delivered 5 days early = what do you expect. there is so much that we don't even know about the game....*spoiler* (don't know how to use spoiler tags) ie you can watch tv in niko's apartment.*spoiler*
rockstar does a great job in what they do but to avoid this problem in the future they should release more videos.
i'm frustrated and i feel i should projectile vomit on a tree.
the 5 longest days of our lives.........

HH 04-24-2008 01:11 AM

To use the spoiler tags, type [ spoiler ] when starting it, and [ /spoiler ] when closing it. Be sure to remove all of the spaces.

It should look like this:

GTA IV is going to be fun!

But on-topic, consider this:
This is a MASSIVE step up from the rest of the series. In Rockstar's eyes, they wanted everyone to be entirely surprised when opening their game the day they purchase it, and seeing massive, living, breathing world, unparalleled with ANY other GTA game, or any game for that fact.

It's quite a step up from the past GTAs, so Rockstar really wants to surprise people come launch.

dkgta 04-24-2008 01:23 AM

but then why didn't rockstar make sure nobody got copies early? like make sure whoever the retailer is to send it out so when it arrives at the door step it's the 29th or just the day before, but 5 days?

Thundercracker 04-24-2008 01:24 AM

People work at game stores and they snag copies early. Some of those people ripped the data off the disc and spread it around the net.

HH 04-24-2008 01:29 AM

I can understand why someone would leak footage, but to release a full game on torrent sites before their launch date? Low blow to Rockstar, to be completely honest. Music piracy has never bothered me, since development costs are much less. But video game piracy and movie piracy are pretty bad.

dkgta 04-24-2008 01:38 AM

yeah that sucks for rockstar, but if i were to attempt to download the torrent i would have no idea how to get it to run on the 360, nor know where to take it to get it modified to play it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olin (Post 1782499)
People work at game stores and they snag copies early. Some of those people ripped the data off the disc and spread it around the net.

true true, but some people got it through preordeing off a gaming website and the gaming website sent em early.

TomFratelli 04-24-2008 07:13 AM

My friend (cam4ark) just got banned from youtube for putting up images of the special edition!

Trinibrook 04-24-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HH (Post 1782505)
I can understand why someone would leak footage, but to release a full game on torrent sites before their launch date? Low blow to Rockstar, to be completely honest. Music piracy has never bothered me, since development costs are much less. But video game piracy and movie piracy are pretty bad.

Very true. The people that do this is not a real fan or loyal to GTA. Some say they "don't want to spend $60 for a game" or "can't afford $60 on a game". A loyal gamer would have saved up months ago or paid off the game already!

De7erminist 04-24-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgta (Post 1782486)
*spoiler* (don't know how to use spoiler tags) ie you can watch tv in niko's apartment.*spoiler*

If you have kept up with news, you should have known that the ability to watch TV in the game is not a secret, Rockstar Games has revealed that to us. However, you should know that Grand Theft Auto IV is a fun and hard-to-resist game. Id you had watched the gameplay videos, you'll know what I mean. If they were to release gameplay footage any earler than 1 or 2 days before the release date, there would probably be a case of a 9 year old boy raiding a GameStop outlet in desperation to get the game. Then the game might not even be released at all due to the likes of Hillary Clinton and Jack Thompson.

ElephantGuts 04-24-2008 09:01 AM

so...i still dont know why the australian retailers decided to send out peoples orders early. since nobody else is asking the question, i assume you know something i dont? care to fill me in?

Jeremy 360 NL 04-24-2008 09:14 AM

Omg it are my longest days to :| all those crappy quality ingame footage is boring xD

phreak 04-24-2008 09:19 AM

I just watched another vid (10-ish minutes long) and now it's really getting to me. Monday night couldn't possibly come any sooner :P

Riffmaster Jon 04-24-2008 09:20 AM

No matter how many videos you see, they're still not going to match the first time you play the game.