GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Driving Handling (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102482)

baleent 04-23-2008 11:03 AM

Driving Handling

So we see how the cars handle now. I noticed a lot of you think it looks bad, and some think it looks good.

I for one like it. It's supposed to be realistic, and I think they're trying to persuade us to not just speed all over the town like we used to. I'll drive as fast as I can without losing control, but with the controllers now, you can drive as slow or as fast as you want. (I don't know if PS3 has this)

Maybe the guys were just new to the game so they were get used to it, but I'll still cruise around the city just to listen to music and take it all in.

I do recall a magazine talking about a mission where you have to drive a car across town with two bodies in the trunk and if you hit bumps or whatever, the trunk might open and you have to pull over and shut it without being noticed. Simple solution to this is to just drive like a normal person. I remember another article saying that in free roam multiplayer, you can see other people on the map but once they get closer they disappear until you can actually see them. So you could blend in with regular traffic once this guy is getting close, and once you see the car speeding and weaving through traffic, you can easily take advantage.

Oxymoron 04-23-2008 11:06 AM

It seems very tricky, but I will learn.

phreak 04-23-2008 11:07 AM

Well I play racing games a lot so it won't be a problem for me.

Yoonskii 04-23-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron (Post 1781728)
It seems very tricky, but I will learn.

Yeah, the cars seem much heavier in this game unlike in the previous games where the cars would just take corners relatively quickly and tightly. I guess it's for the best though, just will take time to adjust to it. :lick:

Thundercracker 04-23-2008 11:25 AM

I'm all for the new handling. Driving missions were piss easy in previous titles.

The guy still sucked at it though, but who wouldn't when they first play the game?

Stiler 04-23-2008 11:42 AM

I for one think it looks great, the way the physics come into play and many of the vehicles look to handle very differently from others.

I think you can't really judge it yet until you drive yourself for a bit. Like many cars once you get used to it's handling I think you'll be driving a lot better.

Right now all we are seeing are people's "first attempts" at driving many of these so of course they are going to be sloppy, over-turning/under-turning, fishtailing, etc.

AstroFan 04-23-2008 12:28 PM

I think it will be fine, they just made them handle more like real life. Plus the people playing rushed to play the game so they could film it, and they havent had time to learn yet. I think everyone will get the hang of it rather quickly.

kitch31 04-23-2008 02:57 PM

im sorry but iv been on a race track before and goin round corners at speed, ( i was not driving) and the car does not wobble from side to side so calling that realistic is false, sorry but it cars simply dont handle like that, they have done as OK job simple as

Thundercracker 04-23-2008 03:03 PM

They're "realistic" in the sense that they're not simulation (GT, Forza), but they're a huge step up from arcade (NFS, Test Drive).

CB 04-23-2008 03:13 PM

Looks great but

when the guy stole the police hummer, it never tipped over.

Tru7hhhh 04-23-2008 03:24 PM

It just looks very good, and very realistic, it will be odd playing because as with most of you I'm use to flying everywhere and not stopping, now it seems that the slower the better, depending on the car.

ill plus matic 04-23-2008 03:29 PM

leaked video drivers don't know how to drive, they are hitting corners at like 60 mph and expect to make the turn.

V-Gamer 04-23-2008 03:34 PM

I think it looks great! I love how the weight of the vehicle shifts and what not. Makes driving much funner! I cannot wait to play.

Destructo 04-23-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill plus matic (Post 1782017)
leaked video drivers don't know how to drive, they are hitting corners at like 60 mph and expect to make the turn.

Exactly. The car handling is not so arcade anymore. You can't take turns at 100 mph anymore by just pulling the handbreak at the very corner.

Now you have to time it, break before taking a corner, like in most simulation racing games.

Yoonskii 04-23-2008 03:39 PM

Hopefully it'll make police chases hell of a lot more fun. Also, I heard that they made the cars much more stronger so they don't blow up after a few minutes.