GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Screw FYE Man! (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102156)

zeppelin 04-18-2008 10:44 AM

Screw FYE Man!

I just called F.Y.E.(the only games store in my frigging town) and asked of course if they would be releasing GTA IV at midnight. They guy was like, "No, no, no, were not gonna be here at midnight" then fucking laughed. Shit like that pisses me off, I've been to several midnight releases and there is nothing more fun than picking up something the ultimate earliest in can be out in your time zone. Dammit!! This really sucks!

Bfett21 04-18-2008 10:46 AM

Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. It's not like anyone not playing at midnight will be struck down with crippling paralysis.

zeppelin 04-18-2008 10:48 AM

Yea well I've been anticipating this game ever since I was a senior in high school and now I'm a junior in college and it seems like the only way I will be happy with getting the game is a tad early. I actually got San Andreas two days before release day and my friends were bummed, it was great. Just had my hopes up ya know?

II F0XH0UND II 04-18-2008 10:50 AM

Well to be quite honest, its not like you will have any real disadvantage. This isn't a multiplayer sort of game where people are gonna hop online and try to level the fastest. The way I see it, this is GTA and is meant to be a single player game in all of its glory. The added Multiplayer is very sweet indeed but I won't play it till my friends have it and that may be one day to a few days.

Unless you are gunning for the 100% complete club, then I could see why you are pissed.

zombienm 04-18-2008 11:00 AM

I understand why he feels that way though. If you're anticipating for years, it seems like a few extra hours wouldn't hurt, you know? But people are more anticipating the day, and once April 29th rolls around, people know that GTAIV is officially out, and they don't have it. Like, they could have it, but they don't because of someone else. Which is why he's annoyed I think.

I'm getting mine at midnight though.

zeppelin 04-18-2008 11:00 AM

Actually, I'm not going for being the first to achieve 100%, I kinda wanna take my sweet ass time, and soak it all in. But I would have enjoyed staying up all night then going to class the same day and then going back to playing.

John Connor 04-18-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppelin (Post 1777148)
Actually, I'm not going for being the first to achieve 100%, I kinda wanna take my sweet ass time, and soak it all in. But I would have enjoyed staying up all night then going to class the same day and then going back to playing.

Thats the way to do it! ;) That sucks those F.Y.E. employees were being jackasses though.

oppar 04-18-2008 11:18 AM

You're pissed off about not getting the game at midnight? Is it like going to kill your enjoyment when you get the game or something.

SA 04-18-2008 11:22 AM

Rofl, who cares. You'll still get it the 28th or whatever. Fuck those midnight things. They aren't worth it. I'm just coping mine lunch time on the 28th.

dillinja 04-18-2008 11:33 AM

yeh. I know this thing called sleep, I do it and it feels like nine hours passed in five minutes. Try it.

2 Nyce 04-18-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppelin (Post 1777134)
I just called F.Y.E.(the only games store in my frigging town) and asked of course if they would be releasing GTA IV at midnight. They guy was like, "No, no, no, were not gonna be here at midnight" then fucking laughed. Shit like that pisses me off, I've been to several midnight releases and there is nothing more fun than picking up something the ultimate earliest in can be out in your time zone. Dammit!! This really sucks!

man i feel you...im on house arrest so i cant leave to go get it..

so im getting it on line..unless i find someone to go get it for me lol

claud3 04-18-2008 11:52 AM

it would be cool to get the game at midnight

CynicalBastard 04-18-2008 12:35 PM

Rick Roll them, use this http://www.prankdialer.com/

zeppelin 04-18-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5tatic (Post 1777153)
You're pissed off about not getting the game at midnight? Is it like going to kill your enjoyment when you get the game or something.

Well it would in a sense, I've been to several midnight things by myself when I was younger and it just felt great being somewhere no one else I knew was and getting something that only mattered to me, makes me feel a bit better about the game yea.

ska 04-18-2008 12:59 PM

Considered getting a ride off someone?