GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic & Unrelated (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   Introductory Thread (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101047)

TheProgrammer 03-27-2008 10:55 AM

Introductory Thread

Hey! I hope this thread will be a sticky. Here you can introduce yourself. Anything about you. Here is ME:dy:.

Name:[redacated]l AKA Emy

Home: Romania/[redacted]

Hobbies: IT(programming in [Visual Basic] and C++, modelling, operating PC, texturing, animating etc) playing guitar and voice and of course GAMING!

Favo[u]rite game: Gothic 1,2 and 3(Gothic 4 will come soon [note from future self: IT'S TOTAL SHIT]) and Grand Theft Auto

Favourite music genre and band: Rock, Punk, Pop, Gospel; Bands: Delirious, Metallica, Linkin Park and many.
[heavy metal,hardcore,technical death metal,metalcore]

Of course you can add other things like favourirte food, cars and stuff.

See ya later!

Jon P 03-27-2008 10:56 AM

Welcome to the forums and an introductory thread is a good idea IMO

Neil 03-27-2008 10:57 AM

You really like those Gothic games. They aren't to my taste but clearly they have been successful.

DanWer 03-27-2008 11:00 AM

Name: Andrew

Home: Bognor Regis, England

Hobbies: Computers, Shopping, Music

Favourite game: CoD4 atm

Yahoo Messenger/MSG and E-mail: ask me

Favourite music genre: Gabber / Hardcore / Terrorcore / Chiptune. Favourite artists: Neophyte, Evil Activities, Angerfist, S.R.B., Sabrepulse, Matt Green, Fifth Era, Face Hoover

TheProgrammer 03-27-2008 11:03 AM

I see that the thread has post already. Cool comunity. I hope I will manage to learn the new forum ad it's threads... I'm preety lost.

SimonS 03-27-2008 11:08 AM

Another forum I go to has a thread similar to this. But instead it's called (the forums name)'s black book . E.g a thread of all the members details and contact details. Quite nice to flick through if you want to add someone, or find general info out.

Introductory thread seems like it's for new people only. Perhaps a rename or some sort to suggest that it's a thread for general info on fellow forum punters.

Black book is a good start....

.:Mouldy Punk:. 03-27-2008 11:09 AM

Thread stickied - Seems like a good idea to have a permanent thread for this sort of thing :)

Now my introduction, only 5 years late (is it 5? I'll find out when I post)

Name: Phil

Home: I grew up in Luton and my parents moved to a village near Bedford in April '07, but then I went to uni in Portsmouth in October, so I don't really call our village home my home. It's a toss up between Luton and Portsmouth really (All those places are in England btw).

Hobbies: Computers, music, playing guitar, mountain biking, driving.

Favourite game: Don't really have on at the moment. I used to quite like the GTAs, Counter Strike and the Half Life series - but I haven't really played any games recently. They just don't seem to interest me as much any more, that and I don't really have the time to.

MSN: mouldy_punk[at]lycos.co.uk
AIM: mouldypunk

Favourite Music Genre: Don't really have a specific genre, I'll listen to anything at least once. Most stuff I listen to could be classed as rock. But recently I've been listening to Bob Marley and Johnny Cash. Mix that in with a bit of Muse and Madness and that shows how wide my taste in music is :p

aRTee 03-27-2008 11:13 AM

Name: Teppo

Home: Finland

Hobbies: American cars, music, chilling etcetc

Favourite game: GTA's

Yahoo Messenger/MSG and E-mail: wat?

Favourite music genre: Rockabilly & Rock' n' Roll (50's & early 60's)

rappo 03-27-2008 11:13 AM

i, too, am five years late - what a shame!

Name: Alec
Home: Los Angeles, CA
Hobbies: Programming (just like you, Mr. TheProgrammer!), biking, and maybe a sport once in a while :P
Favorite game: Grand Theft Auto III, no doubt
Favorite music: Metal
Shoe size: 13
SSN: PM me for details

Don 03-27-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreW (Post 1757240)
Name: Andrew

Favourite music genre: Gabber / Hardcore / Terrorcore / Chiptune. Favourite artists: Neophyte, Evil Activities, Angerfist, S.R.B., Sabrepulse, Matt Green, Fifth Era, Face Hoover

I can't believe foreign people are familiar with hardcore :P Evil Activities and Angerfist are awesome. You should check out one of those Dutch hardcore parties once, they're... amazing.

Anyways..

Name: Rogier

Home: Haarlem, The Netherlands

Hobbies: Music, going out, smoking pot, etc etc.

Favorite game: I don't (or VERY rarely) play videogames.

Favorite music: (dark) drum and bass, jungle, techno, hardcore, hardstyle, rock, hiphop.

Shoe size: 8 something

SSN: N/A

ZCAB 03-27-2008 12:05 PM

Name: Jan-Joop Metiary
Home: The Netherlands
Hobbies: Music (listening to it and playing instruments), being an intrusive and elitist bastard, and learning random stuff.
Favourite game: TLoZ: Ocarina of Time, Oblivion, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Favourite music genre and artists: "Classic" Rock, Folk, singer-songwriter crap. Favourite artists: Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, Neil Young, Jeff Buckley, and Led Zeppelin.

swallowed 03-27-2008 12:06 PM

Name: Brendon

Home: Isle Aux Morts, Newfoundland
Random Fun Fact: Isle Aux Morts is French for: Island of the Dead (oooo, Scary)

Hobbies: Computer, Outside with friends, TV, etc, etc.

Favorite game(s): Probably the GTA Series, Guitar Hero Games, a couple of other games as well.

Favorite music: Isn't particularly just one genre, whatever I like I listen to.

Shoe size: 8-9, different types of shoes, different sizes.

MSN: bmanrocks_67@msn.com

JMR 03-27-2008 12:11 PM

Name: Jeff

Home: Jacksonville, Florida

Hobbies: Computers, friends, music, food, driving.

Favourite game: GTA3/VC, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band (I love playing the drums). Oblivion is great as well, but I've played the hell out of it.

MSN: seradane@live.com
AIM: s3radane

Favourite Music Genre: Metal and pop-punk, although I like almost any genre of music (indie and country aren't my thing).

Welcome to the forums! I'm surprised we've never thought of this idea btw.

Fox 03-27-2008 12:25 PM

Name: Matthew

Home: Surrey / Nottingham

Hobbies: Running & typical student activities ie. drinking, clubbing, eating and sleeping.

Favourite game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Yahoo Messenger and E-mail: No

Favourite music genre and band: Drum & Bass: High Contrast.

~Schwab 03-27-2008 12:29 PM

Name: Kyle

Home: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Hobbies: Music, gaming

Favorite game: BioShock, The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion, any of the GTAs, etc.
Yahoo Messenger and E-Mail: --

Favorite music genre and band: classical, any professional orchestra/Dvořák (band = composer)