GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Imagine getting Ring of Death a Week Before GTA 4... (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100841)

RedAvery 03-23-2008 12:25 AM

Imagine getting Ring of Death a Week Before GTA 4...

I'd be pissed off. i'd probly cry a lil bit.:zcab:

Slim Trashman 03-23-2008 12:28 AM

Would suck, but I've got a PS3, so I've got nothing to worry about, except maybe it burning down my house.

I think the real question is, would you be willing to spend a couple hundred more bucks to buy a new 360 just for GTA IV?

Uber_mike 03-23-2008 12:39 AM

No, imagine getting it right as you put GTA 4 in!

No joke about a ps3 burning down a house either... ive got a tiny like 8x6 room and my ps3 acts like a space heater... its funny going out of the room to go the bathroom ect. and feel how much cooler it is outside my room...

Roxstein 03-23-2008 12:50 AM

Well that would suck. But I haven't played my 360 lately or very often at all within the past few months.

@mike: That's a great quote from a great song, but who is "Trent Renzor?" :P I think you mean "Trent Reznor".

And red impact doesn't really fit a TR quote. @_@

Slim Trashman 03-23-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uber_mike (Post 1754241)
No, imagine getting it right as you put GTA 4 in!

No joke about a ps3 burning down a house either... ive got a tiny like 8x6 room and my ps3 acts like a space heater... its funny going out of the room to go the bathroom ect. and feel how much cooler it is outside my room...

I was referring to an actual event from last year, there was an article somewhere about someone's PS3 burning down their house. :P

Uber_mike 03-23-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxstein (Post 1754246)
Well that would suck. But I haven't played my 360 lately or very often at all within the past few months.

@mike: That's a great quote from a great song, but who is "Trent Renzor?" :P I think you mean "Trent Reznor".

And red impact doesn't really fit a TR quote. @_@

lol my bad... changed.

Roxstein 03-23-2008 01:49 AM

Haha, much better. :P

Sorry, I'm a NIN-whore.

victim 03-23-2008 01:55 AM

He's also a dog-whore.

Yeah, I'd imagine not being able to play GTA IV on the release date would suck heaps. :( Damn real life tribulations I've got going.

Jaytow 03-23-2008 02:25 AM

I got the ring of death for a second time a month ago, im buying a ps3 next week and sending xbox back to be repaired

A Human Being 03-23-2008 02:49 AM

I just got my 360 back from M$ yesterday after sending her in because of the RRoD. I am glad I sent it in when I did and not wait it out (I was doing the towel trick to keep it running). The whole process took about 20 days (from initial service report). The console I sent in was manufactured in Dec. 2005 and the one I got back yesterday is manufactured in Feb. 2008. The bad boy runs a lot cooler and way more quite.

GTAIV was one of my main reasons for sending it in when I did and making sure I got it back on time.

Best of luck to everyone owning an older model 360, the failure rate on launch systems is through the roof! I'm surprised mine lasted as long as it did. May you all take care of your systems, at least until you've had your fill of GTAfizore.

Fuzz_Nuts 03-23-2008 04:26 AM

I have a 360 with a voided warrantee and it started getting the RROD last december. I spent $10 on the x-clamp fix and now its running perfectly. Not only that but I put some better thermal paste on the cpu and gpu and its running cooler and quieter also. I highly reccomend this over the towel trick and penny fix if your warrantee is no good.

FG 03-23-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim Trashman (Post 1754247)
I was referring to an actual event from last year, there was an article somewhere about someone's PS3 burning down their house. :P

yeah..same hear, wasn't it found to be bad wiring?

Cutts 03-23-2008 06:58 AM

I have a brand spanking new Elite, so if I get RRoD it won't just be the fact I can't play GTAIV i'll be worrying about. I'll also be crying for the existence of Injustice.

CB 03-23-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutts (Post 1754334)
I have a brand spanking new Elite, so if I get RRoD it won't just be the fact I can't play GTAIV i'll be worrying about. I'll also be crying for the existence of Injustice.

Same goes for me :)

DanTastic 03-23-2008 09:16 AM

I'll just stick with my lovely PS3. But it doesn't warm our front room up. Our ceilings are like 12/13 foot high. It's an old Victorian building converted into flats. I'd love for the PS3 to work as a heater.

But anyway, no Ring of Death for me! *Gloat*