PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, why no chainsaw, machine gun or flamethrower??

bigbro
06-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Ok , so I understand that with developing GTA on the new consoles they had to spend a lot of time on just recreating the codes and make the game works, so it can be understandable why there is no car customization this time or other big things. But what about the chainsaw, flamethrower , machine gun, there's only 2 melee weapons, a bat and a knife, does someone has an idea why they removed a lot of weapons?? They added the pick-up small objects from the ground, but you can't pick-up much apart from a brick or a bottle of ketchup.

One time a construction worker I saw had a nice jackhammer , so I kill him , jackhammer on the ground but I can't pick it up , so that pick-up fonction is not very exploited. They took so much time to release that game , I thought there was gonna be more content.

You know the reason I can think of?? You will get the chance to buy all that missing stuff as Downloadable content. And I think I,m right. Downloadable content has become a way of cashing in more money by not releasing it all on the disc, then 3-4 months later, common give us another 10 bucks.

Ash_735
06-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Well, first off there are Machine Guns in the game. As for the removed weapons, I miss some of them too, they have returned to the GTA3 style of weapon system in a sense. As for DLC, I really hope it isn't guns, that would be unfair to people online then if we all have Pistols and some guy has a huge flamethrower.

Johnny-Z
06-23-2008, 12:56 AM
New GTA on a new console! So it is very understandable how there are no car customization, only 15 weapons ect, also I don't know how you compleated the story missions with just a handgun if that's all you thought were in there.

So there is very little content you say? Are you comparing this game to San Andreas? If so that is already one step too far, try (I think you said this ash) comparing it to GTA III and you will see how far GTA has come over the years.

Edit: also going through your posts all I see you doing is complaining about mostly very small things in this game.

Smallp0xstein
06-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Well, first off there are Machine Guns in the game.

No there aren't. D:

But yes, I seriously miss all the fuck-around weapons. I'd love to see a Katana more than anything, since I imagine Niko would be pretty damn proficient with it.

Johnny-Z
06-23-2008, 03:06 AM
@Roxstain: What about the MP5 and Micro Usi :P.

Anyway I wanted to see the mini gun and M60 back! I loved cause mayhem with those two weapons by blowing up cars and shooting down police choppers.

SCAB
06-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Those are submachine guns. There are no machine guns in the game, just submachine guns and assault rifles.

Machine guns are things like the M60E4, the M249 SAW and HK 21E and stuff.

Smallp0xstein
06-23-2008, 04:01 AM
@Roxstain: What about the MP5 and Micro Usi :P.

Anyway I wanted to see the mini gun and M60 back! I loved cause mayhem with those two weapons by blowing up cars and shooting down police choppers.

There's no MP5 in GTAIV.. only the MP2000.

But yeah, what ZCAB said. No machine guns.

De7erminist
06-23-2008, 04:59 AM
New console = better graphics = more realistic blood and gore = take a while for people to accept

All because of JT. GTA is too infamous in the media for the violence, if we had chainsaws and katanas, what would've happened? They would have many lawsuits against the game. I don't know, perhaps this is the reason.

thenotsogoodtrickster
06-23-2008, 05:42 AM
It doesn't really bother me, I didn't use the flmaethrower much anyway, I'd rather blow things up than set them on fire and slowly watch them burn and eventually blow up. The way I look at it though, GTA IV doesn't have that stuff, another game comes along, over does it, fails at it, meaning when R* eventually add the fuck about weapons and gets it spot on, it feels all the more better.

LordLeverette
06-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Ok , so I understand that with developing GTA on the new consoles they had to spend a lot of time on just recreating the codes and make the game works, so it can be understandable why there is no car customization this time or other big things. But what about the chainsaw, flamethrower , machine gun, there's only 2 melee weapons, a bat and a knife, does someone has an idea why they removed a lot of weapons?? They added the pick-up small objects from the ground, but you can't pick-up much apart from a brick or a bottle of ketchup.

One time a construction worker I saw had a nice jackhammer , so I kill him , jackhammer on the ground but I can't pick it up , so that pick-up fonction is not very exploited. They took so much time to release that game , I thought there was gonna be more content.

You know the reason I can think of?? You will get the chance to buy all that missing stuff as Downloadable content. And I think I,m right. Downloadable content has become a way of cashing in more money by not releasing it all on the disc, then 3-4 months later, common give us another 10 bucks.

For some reason I can't really picture Niko running around with those crazy weapons. This new GTA focused more on creating a person, and that person isn't crazy about getting giant weapons. I'm starting to think Saints Row 2 is going to have tons of sales since it will give all the people that want crazy stuff there crazy stuff.

Patrucci
06-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Anyways, on the topic.
It wouldn't be very realistic the actually have a flamethrower in Liberty City now would it ?
Same goes for the chainsaw, Not much trees to cut down is there ?
As for the Machine guns, I mean its okay to carry a M60E4 in COD4, but could you picture Niko having one ?
Seriously, calm down its just a video game. Its not your life there pal.
________
Drug test (http://drugtestingkit.org)

The Shy Child.
06-28-2008, 07:39 AM
I mean its okay to carry a M60E4 in COD4, but could you picture Niko having one ?
If Niko can run around with a rocket launcher, then I am sure he would to run around with an m60 without it being unrealistic.

The flame thrower, I agree, I never used it, because it didn't kill people quickl;y enough. I miss the heat seeking rocket launcher, that would be usefull online, when someone in a helpcopter is chasing you.

Smallp0xstein
06-28-2008, 07:52 AM
But why lug around a huge M60 if you could take the smaller assault rifles which take clips instead of needing to feed them bullets.

Mate, I don't know you, and I've nothing against you, but did you just say "clips" and "bullets" when referring to magazines and rounds?

'cos if you did... :P

For your information, in fact, many MGs can and often are fed from magazines or "clips" as you and blonde women with dark tans call them.

The problem with realism is that everybody wants to pick and choose what's realistic when you're controlling an invincible immigrant who dies and is revived magically for a few thousand bucks IN A VIRTUAL 3D WORLD.

I can understand immersion, but hiding a light machine gun under a bridge isn't gonna break any fuckin' barriers, you know.

claud3
06-28-2008, 07:58 AM
It would be alot harder to keep the cops of you if u run around with a chainsaw in your hands killing people

Patrucci
06-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Actually, I worded that wrong Rox.
I meant to say " would you rather carry around a few small magazines or "clips" as I said before, or would you carry around long lines of bullets http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1096341/2/istockphoto_1096341_bullet_chain.jpg that sit in a concealed area on the side of your weapon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Oh btw. Im not a blonde, nor have a dark tan. :P
________
Rhode island medical marijuana dispensary (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

Smallp0xstein
06-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Actually, I worded that wrong Rox.
I meant to say " would you rather carry around a few small magazines or "clips" as I said before, or would you carry around long lines of bullets http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1096341/2/istockphoto_1096341_bullet_chain.jpg that sit in a concealed area on the side of your weapon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Oh btw. Im not a blonde, nor have a dark tan. :P

Well, you're still calling them bullets, when they're rounds. If they were just bullets you'd be well fucked. The firing pin wouldn't hit anything and you'd aim the gun down and all the bullets would pour out. ;p

But, even with an MG firing from a belt over your friggin' shoulder, it's not that much of a stretch from "THERE'S A ROCKET LAUNCHER... ON TOP OF A ROCK FORMATION... IN THE RIVER!"

Patrucci
06-28-2008, 08:19 AM
lol. Yeah I know. Its just, in Nova Scotia, we word things a little different.
But I understand what your saying.
:)
________
Buy extreme q vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

baleent
06-29-2008, 01:37 AM
Who the fuck cares? Christ.

NathanMc
07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
The lack of chainsaws was the killer blow for me because I was looking forward to testing the new physics engine out with one. By that I mean attacking people, cars and benches :P

I like to see them in the DLC. An online chainsaw fight would be awesome!

Noblemight
07-17-2008, 02:07 AM
I am not upset that there aren't chainsaws, miniguns, and whatits in this game, I found them to be excessive while playing san an as well as vice. What I didn't understand was why we would receive a task like get rid of 200 pigeons and oh sorry you don't have a silencer to go about doing this task smartly. What I found especially amusing was placing the damn birds right next to where a cop is standing just so the chase can get started sooner.

I really miss the silenced pistol. I mean if a guy from the hood can "weld some shit together" to get himself sorted, why doesn't a trained soldier know how to get his hands on one. I could have sworn http://media.rockstargames.com/flies/screens/GTAIV_18.html it was going to be in the game too.:confused: