PDA

View Full Version : Complete Story Mode in 30 Hours

DMannDD
06-17-2008, 03:08 PM
To get the Xbox achievement for completing Story Mode in less than 30 hours, do the cut scenes count as time. Would I have to skip the cut scenes to ensure I will beat it in less than 30? I only started again last night for the 2nd run through and didn't know whether I should be skipping the cutscenes or not.

Anybody know if this counts as time played?

Grimmy
06-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I believe they do count, but I wouldn't worry about it. I watched all cutscenes and finished the story in 27 hours or so.

Ash_735
06-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Remember to back up or delete your old save though if this isn't your first play through, as the game will take the old save into account too and you won't get the achiecevement even if you do beat it in under 30 hours on this save.

Cutts
06-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Remember to back up or delete your old save though if this isn't your first play through, as the game will take the old save into account too and you won't get the achiecevement even if you do beat it in under 30 hours on this save.

Woahh, seriously? That sucks.

.LiLe.
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't really know, I skipped some cut scenes but watched most of em.

DMannDD
06-18-2008, 07:50 AM

YOu are positive about this? I thought it was all about the timer in your game stats. So if you start a New Game from the menu, it will still count the first time I played through? That would be some bullshit.

baleent
06-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Take taxis and skip all the trips.

Noblemight
07-22-2008, 02:16 AM
I wonder why this achievement exists. Gta doesn't seem like the type of game you want to sprint through missing practically everything that's good and enjoyable. Microsoft and their damn achievements are conniving with game makers to get more re-playability out of the games. And achievement addicts can't help but kill themselves for that next pop-up.:P

grittack
07-22-2008, 06:47 PM

i didn't delete my old save before doing my speed run and i still got the achievement

and my 1st save was at 83 hours

Ash_735
07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
I just said it as a precaution, since at the time we had reports of people not getting the achievement due to the first save.

grittack
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah. taking precautions would be good. i just didn't because i spent 83 hours getting to 100% and swimming 40 miles and didn't want to delete that progress.. lol

so if you're able to take that precaution; or willing to; do so.

i don't know if it has to do with me not getting the glitch or not but i saved my speed playthrough on a completely new save slot, so maybe open up a save slot if one isn't or use an unused one for your speed playthrough. don't know if it's related to avoiding the glitch or not, but would still be a good precaution to take (considering you don't have to lose any data, at least no important data, to take it :D).

GTA IV KING
09-27-2008, 10:47 AM
I completed the game in 16 hours (if i failed a mission or died i would load the game)

Slim Trashman
09-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Took me about 25 hours both times I completed the story. Funny, because the first time I rushed and finished in 3 days, and the second time I played it over the span of about a month and I still took the same about of time :P

~Schwab
09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't even remember taking track of time and I still got the achievement. 28 hours I believe.

thenotsogoodtrickster
09-27-2008, 02:37 PM
I wonder why this achievement exists. Gta doesn't seem like the type of game you want to sprint through missing practically everything that's good and enjoyable. Microsoft and their damn achievements are conniving with game makers to get more re-playability out of the games. And achievement addicts can't help but kill themselves for that next pop-up.:P

Personally I played it normally, odd fuck-about, odd mission or two, then I concentrated on the achievements, like I do in most games.

sydburn
09-27-2008, 03:12 PM
iam still playin the game not really worrying about the achievement lol, this game is so good imo i can't rush threw it lol

Ash_735
09-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I recently finished the story, took 97 Hours! Then again, I did also get 100% right away when I finished the last mission.