PDA

View Full Version : WHere Are the good Cheats

vinney15
05-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Every GTA to date had PAGES of awsome cheats we currently have a handful of un exciting cheats and not even invincibility which is like the best one WHERE R U CHEATS !!!!!!

Yam Trigger
05-26-2008, 05:18 AM
A good gamer doesn't need cheats.

Sasha
05-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Cheats are good fun though, If your bored and feel like fucking around.. Cheats are great.

thenotsogoodtrickster
05-26-2008, 05:28 AM

I'd always play GTA correctly, but I used to love fucking about with riot cheats and other shit like that. I haven't used a cheat on my GTA IV save, but I do love fucking about, why I'm a bit disappointed in the cheats so far.

But then again, I kinda seen it coming, next gen always seem to miss a big or popular feature. Pro Evo 6 and 08's editing, anyone?

dabuckster9000
05-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Idint use any cheats till i finished the game but i use them now as theres no reason not to lol

Marko Dash
05-26-2008, 06:42 PM
i like to graze tall buildings with the helicopter blades till they disintegrate, and see if i can open the phone fast enough to save it

Kryptonicdream
05-26-2008, 07:13 PM

Then get the hell off the cheat board if you feel that way. Who are you to tell people who bought the game on their own they can't cheat? It's not up to you. Cheats are just addons to the game to make it more fun.

Yam Trigger
05-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Then get the hell off the cheat board if you feel that way. Who are you to tell people who bought the game on their own they can't cheat? It's not up to you. Cheats are just addons to the game to make it more fun.

I never told anyone that they couldn't use cheats. I just said, 'A good gamer doesn't need cheats'.
Are you a good gamer?

Algonquin
05-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I never told anyone that they couldn't use cheats. I just said, 'A good gamer doesn't need cheats'.
Are you a good gamer?

a good gamer is a gamer who has fun with the game... who gets the most out of what they paid for... if he does that by cheating who are you to try and drag some anti cheating elitist mumbo jumbo into the ring?

comics22
05-27-2008, 12:18 AM
i try not to when i first play thru it but onc ei beat it hell its all out cheating especially health lol. dont mind the car fix all that much but if its rare and im tryin to get it to a safe house ya ill instafix it

Johnny-Z
05-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Where are the good cheats?

Obviously not being discovoured yet... We are using a different cheat method than we are used to. When more cheats come out the thread at the top of the page will be updated.

CB
05-27-2008, 04:08 AM
Cheats don't necessarily mean the gamer is using them to cheat the game as it were; there are some which enhance the gameplay, and give the gamer extra longevity which may not have been achieved through standard gaming.

I bring you back to GoldenEye on the N64; Big Head Mode, Slo-Motion, Invisibility etc... so not all cheats are bad. We just want some cheats like these so we can take IV to new levels and just have even more fun.

.:Mouldy Punk:.
05-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Every GTA to date had PAGES of awsome cheats we currently have a handful of un exciting cheats and not even invincibility which is like the best one WHERE R U CHEATS !!!!!!

Have a look in this (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104432) thread for some cheats. If you know of cheats that we don't have in the list or on the site, tell us so we can check them and add them.

GarrettQ
05-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I bring you back to GoldenEye on the N64; Big Head Mode, Slo-Motion, Invisibility etc... so not all cheats are bad. We just want some cheats like these so we can take IV to new levels and just have even more fun.

That truly was the ultimate multiplayer party game of its time. Countless hours of deathmatch with four players had been logged on my old N64. You just inspired me to hook it back up.

It is possible that more cheats will turn up, but i dont see it being "pages". Although i would think someone would have analyzed the data on the disk and found any remaining cheats by now. I really dont know how people find them, so i really cant say.

In many cases, GTA series is a great example, cheats make the game a little more interesting. It brings in new possibilities that help to make the game last longer, and retain is fun factor. If you want to cheat to advance forward in the story, thats your choice.

GarrettQ

CB
05-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Precisely, there's a difference between cheating to beat the game and cheating to have more fun.

The Shy Child.
05-27-2008, 03:29 PM
You know what we should do, We should start at like 000-000-0000, hen go to 000-000-0001, and just keep going until we get to the highest possible number. I might just go do that. See ya.

Shadow Conception
05-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't that take a long time even with computers?

Xan
05-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Wouldn't that take a long time even with computers?

It would take a long time with computers, and about x1000 manually.

StoneR
05-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I was hoping (or still am) for the reduced traffic cheat.. it was the funnest in SA just crusin, drifting, jumping and such around!

Algonquin
05-27-2008, 06:13 PM
thats how they found those cheats for san andreas... it was done with a computer and a little gadget hooked up to the controler... harder now because it's not button combos but numbers lol

CB
05-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I can't see how logically it makes it harder; 10-number combinations vs 14-button combinations.

greekgoat91
05-27-2008, 06:40 PM
I can't see how logically it makes it harder; 10-number combinations vs 14-button combinations.

you gotta program it to navigate through the numbers with the d-pad, huge pain in the ass

Johnny-Z
05-27-2008, 10:26 PM
It would seem that all of the cheats in this game all have a common number of -555- manualy calling all of those numbers woulden't be a bad idea calling them from 000-555-0000, 001-555-0000 ect but having said that it would take up a heck of a lot of time I am not sure of how many possible combo's there are if all all of the cheats have those common numbers of -555-.

Marko Dash
05-27-2008, 10:42 PM
and most of the ones found so far have ended in 0100 or 0150

gta4crazy1
05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
There are most likely over a million number combinations even with the given 555. That would take days, for the least

Johnny-Z
05-27-2008, 11:28 PM
and most of the ones found so far have ended in 0100 or 0150

With the exeption of some of the vehicle cheats.

Algonquin
05-28-2008, 12:47 AM
i tried before subtle variations on the cheat thinking that maybe it's like SA vehicle.ide number... like to spawn the FIB charger it's 227-555-0100 i thought maybe 227-555-0101 would be another car... seemed logical but no dice... there is some common thread though because Car spawns start with 227, bike spawns 625... maybe something will come out of that but i'm not sure,

CB
05-28-2008, 06:34 AM
The only other pattern I see is that the first 3 numbers spell a word connected to the cheat. I.E - 227 = CAR, 625 = MBK, 267 = COP and so on... so this may ease the pressure a little. But usually Rockstar sell the cheats to people like IGN and Gamespot etc by now, so either there are no more, which would be a terrible shame, or they're releasing them with the DLC.

Colonelkillgore
05-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I hope there are more... And it might not necessarily require DLC. They could be implemented by way of a patch if there was enough demand...

CB
05-28-2008, 12:27 PM
But a patch would mean you are made to have them. We want the option to pick and choose which ones we use.

leelee862
05-28-2008, 02:31 PM
You know what?! For the first time ever I never once though about cheating. To be honest I forgot there even were cheats!

Johnny-Z
05-29-2008, 01:19 AM
The only other pattern I see is that the first 3 numbers spell a word connected to the cheat. I.E - 227 = CAR, 625 = MBK, 267 = COP and so on... so this may ease the pressure a little. But usually Rockstar sell the cheats to people like IGN and Gamespot etc by now, so either there are no more, which would be a terrible shame, or they're releasing them with the DLC.

It is a terrible shame I agree! It is very possible that the developers diden't sell every single cheat in GTA IV but a select few, and it will be up to us to discovour them if possible.

Colonelkillgore
05-29-2008, 11:35 AM
But a patch would mean you are made to have them. We want the option to pick and choose which ones we use.

No no, I mean a patch that would allow you to use cheats. See, the cheats are in the coding. But it would be possible to have a patch where the coding gets added to or changed, opening up more cheats.

The Shy Child.
05-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I thought of this last night when I was looking for cheats. I thought that R* might have patches that will activate the cheats when they think its time for us to know them.

7 Day Theory
05-30-2008, 09:15 PM
I'd have to think that there are other cheats in the game, but we have yet to find them. And I've been assuming for quite awhile that Rockstar will release new ones at some point. But, if there are others yet to be found my question is; "why?"

Why would Rockstar not release them all upon release? Is the logic that it would be fun for us to find them on our own? What's the point of that.

Anyway, I had fun with the cheats in past games. Specifically the pedestrians have weapons cheat, and the pedestrians riot cheat. Turning those both on and watching the mayhem was tons of fun. Although I'd usually end up getting killed by a stray rocket at some point...

killahmatic
06-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Are you a good gamer?

wtf kind of response is that? for one, no body NEEDS cheats, they are just something to have fun with.
and 2, ill admit im not a good gamer, as i expect many other an here arent either. Personally, i just buy games, play them and have fun, i dont focus my life on being a good gamer. its something to do so i wont be bored.

The Shy Child.
06-23-2008, 04:14 PM
wtf kind of response is that? for one, no body NEEDS cheats, they are just something to have fun with.
and 2, ill admit im not a good gamer, as i expect many other an here arent either. Personally, i just buy games, play them and have fun, i dont focus my life on being a good gamer. its something to do so i wont be bored.
I agree, this is why I hate when people play for points or leaderboards or whatever. I play videogames for fun not to be the best but to have fun and not be bored.

Cheats are for everyone, even good gamers will use cheats to mess around with everyonce and a while. If you ask any professional gamer if they use cheats they will all say the exact same thing thing, "Yes, I use cheats but only to mess around with". Cheats are very good and helpful in a game as big and vast as GTA IV, same goes for any 3d enviroment. wether it be oblivion or saints row, they help people out that are struggling with the game.

Sublimo
06-24-2008, 02:44 AM
I thought of this last night when I was looking for cheats. I thought that R* might have patches that will activate the cheats when they think its time for us to know them.

Don't you think it's allready time then?
ALOT of people got bored with GTA. (See random posts on this forum :D)
And the probability they'll buy the DLC will go lower as well because of that.

liam2014
08-22-2014, 03:23 AM
;):wink2: