PDA

View Full Version : Roman's Taxi "car" spawning machine?

woltra
05-13-2008, 05:24 PM
I had the weirdest experience earlier today... I was driving one of Roman's taxis and noticed LOTS of the same car spawning all over the place, and they were COMETS!!! Then the next time I was driving one of his taxi's I saw literally 100's of mopeds, then the next time the car de jour was the sports utility vehicle. Does the taxi act like another random car while you are driving it and therefore act as a car spawning machine?

So my question is has anyone else noticed stuff like this?

I'm going to do lots more taxi missions for Roman and try to get more super cars to spawn... it looks like the taxi itself if you are on a job acts like a mission start with the blue flag above it so even if you leave the area it should remain. Like if you got a super car to go home with just ditch the taxi and take the car home to park it and then go back and finish the taxi mission. I don't know if this will work but this is what I'm going to try to do.

raikkonen
05-13-2008, 06:17 PM
its been doing this thing since other gta's like for example in SA, theres a cheetah then you see lots of them in one block! they don't fix this problem!!!

plazaskater
05-13-2008, 06:37 PM
yeah that does kind of suck i hope they fix that in the next one

randomhero
05-13-2008, 07:07 PM
lol, I went to the Airport and got one of those Huge wheeled Car things? and then i saw Them spawn on the roads and stuff LOL

Strike.
05-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah, it's been happening since GTAIII.

CB
05-13-2008, 07:16 PM
yeah that does kind of suck i hope they fix that in the next one

Where's the problem? I'll bet if it didn't happen, there would be people moaning then too.

qwertyguy
05-13-2008, 07:52 PM
It did the same thing when I stole a forklift.
I kept looking for another car and all I saw was freaking
forklifts everywhere.

ElephantGuts
05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
yeah i really dont see how in a game as technologicly advanced as this they couldnt fix a little thing like that, and it really pisses me off.

i was beggining to think it might be intentional, but i cant think of any reason for it...

qwertyguy
05-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I've noticed that with IV and other GTA's that when you die and you dont get into a car right after you die
there will be alot less cars around.
That pisses me off alot.

jwrebholz
05-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't mind it so much. Actually I think it's kinda funny.

lillb
05-13-2008, 11:11 PM
the only time its useful is when u find a really rare car cause then u can grab like 2 of them and save one and drive the other around
but it gets annoying when u jump in a shitty car and then ALL u see are those shitty cars

AUAnonymous
05-14-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't really think it's that big of a deal.

NeikoownsLC
05-14-2008, 12:44 AM
That doesn't happen to me. I've got a banshe and have only one other.

lillb
05-14-2008, 06:37 AM
i always notice it especially near my bohan house.. normally really crappy old cars and some calvaclades but if im bringing a sports car there suddenly they wil be parked and driving all over the place
like when i got the sultan RS i was bringin it there and on the road that goes next to burger shot towards the highway there was a whole row of parked RS's
overall its not a major problem tho its been like that in every GTA i've played

angeloSD
05-14-2008, 07:00 AM
the reason they did it is simple
if you stole vehicle it means you want to drive it, so in case you damage it, you have another one waiting for you one the road :)

and if you don't like looking around for car use Cheat spawming car :) quick and simple way to get more pleasure from driving ;)
btw. its the only cheat i use as I dont like slow moving vehicles :D and as long as sumone already stole my cars twice from save place one banshee (DViper ) and one Rover Sport, plus sum missions reqire you to abandon your vehicle and than it isn't there anymore when you come back after mission, really spawning sport car is useful :D

lillb
05-14-2008, 07:41 AM
yea well i don't like using cheats unless im just messing around and like i said its not a major problem and it is useful when u do find that rare car and u crash u can just find a nother one pretty easily. And my cars are always disappearing from my safe houses.. kinda annoying everytime i get a coquette its gone within a short period of time. One time I just parked the car i was driving in the spot and ran into my house to change my clothes for a date and the car i had saved there (not the one i was jus driving) was gone in the 10 seconds i was in my house. that was really annoying

woltra
05-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Ya, I've noticed that when I'm driving a specific car that I will see duplicates all over the place... but what I'm talking about is when you are driving Roman's taxi, you see not duplicates of the taxi, but instead duplicates of other specific cars... mopeds, Sports Utility Vehicles, Banshees, etc.

I have tried it now and grabbed a Banshee, but I wanted to see an Infurnus. Problem is now Roman won't give me any more taxi jobs.

raikkonen
05-14-2008, 09:00 AM
thats not realistic, 5 same cars at the same time and place! WTF

DMannDD
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Wow, I don't think anybody read the original post.

I hated Romans Taxi. That will be interesting to keep in my mind on my next run through on this game. Try to get super cars earlier than this time.

plazaskater
05-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Where's the problem? I'll bet if it didn't happen, there would be people moaning then too.

because its makes it more realistic...why would i want twenty of the same vehicle that i'm already in around me

Johnny-Z
05-17-2008, 05:36 AM
yeah i really dont see how in a game as technologicly advanced as this they couldnt fix a little thing like that, and it really pisses me off.

i was beggining to think it might be intentional, but i cant think of any reason for it...

It is acturly quite hard to fix something like this, it is nothing little, yeah you would expect them to fix something like this in a game as advance as this but getting all different types of cars spawning all the time would be very hard to do.