PDA

View Full Version : Phil's "Trespass" mission trouble, advice?

Soul_Print
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Well, I searched and found nothing, so here's the problem
& Just in case any of this is a Spoiler*
Highlight to read:

So, I've shot my way through the building and onto the roof with no problem.. but now I'm faced with a ladder that simply refuses to allow me to climb!! Seeing as to how this is the only way to get to "Chubby Charlie" there's not really any second option of going about this, is there??

I've tried both holding and tapping [ ] (on a PS3) to climb but to no avail. I've tried stepping back and realigning my approach Several times.. still nothing. :confused: Is there something I'm doing wrong here or is climbing in this game really just that much of a pain!? This *glitch of sorts has now completely crippled my mission progress... so any tips would be Greatly appreciated guys!!

I've tried for a solid 20 minutes with this and finally got so frustrated I just hijacked a car and took a drive to the nearby expressway to get an overhead view of the building and a possible shot at him. Which I had a perfect view of, but after emptying an entire magazine of sniper fire, I still had no effect. Perhaps I was just so far away it was pushing the limits of the game?? maybe it was just against the rules of mission completion? Hell if I know.. so I repositioned myself 2 blocks away, from target, on the roof of a car. With only his head visible I took the shot.. it was a clean and visually confirmed hit.

You'd think seeing the pink mist after a shot like that would mean something..

I'm outta ideas here,

(( Love this game though!!! ;) ))

GrungeRockCity
05-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I've tried both holding and tapping [ ] (on a PS3) to climb but to no avail.

There's your answer. You press Triangle to climb ladders. Not Square.

Soul_Print
05-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Wow... I Completely overlooked that in the manual then! I just saw Climb as [ ] and figured it was just that simple, never even thought that I'd have to mount the dang thing first... SOB

lol

Thanks a ton!!

ZCAB
05-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Thread revived (it was previously deleted). There's no such thing as a stupid question about this game (unless it's "can you steal cars", pah, you get what I mean :P), and you might not be the only one who was confused about this. For that reason, try not to delete threads after your questions have been answered.
And don't worry about a topic taking up space either, if there are no replies to it it will just drop to the next pages and make room for new threads.

That said, if you really want this thing gone, feel free to delete it again.

Gupi
05-08-2008, 06:06 AM
I myself only figured out that i could even climb ladders until very deep into the game. Shameful i know.:rolleyes:

CB
05-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Was on Cops & Crooks last night and one guy had to climb the ladder leadin to the chopper. He kept jumping and you could hear everyone screaming "PRESS Y!!!" So you're not the only one. :)