PDA

View Full Version : Bowling, Darts, Pool Activities

DMannDD
05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I have played at least an hours worth of each game. Darts are easy and after the first couple of games I started whipping their ass. I just wanted to mainly get tips on the other two games.

Bowling-I have read that two full steps left and a quick flick back and forth on the RS is the best way to get a strike. After numerous tries with minimal success I have tried multiple different strategies. I have tried not moving him and spinning it left. When it works, it works. But if you are just slightly off, you will leave about 6 pins. My best strategy is one full step left. Then a quick flick back and forth. This has got me the most X-X-9 /. I have done this multiple times, pretty frustrating. Any other useful tips to get the Turkey Achievement? Seems like the pins are heavier than the ball sometimes.

Pool-My main problem with this is the two views you get. Overhead or behind the cue? I have tried both with not much luck. I have won a few games but don't know how. This is pretty frustrating because I am pretty good at pool in real life and usually good at the games. Another issue is I can only hit it hard or soft. No medium stroke. Any tips?

Darts-I will give you my strategy which I am sure many have figured out. But in case you haven't. Hit 180 with the first 3 darts. Hit the 20 trips slot. The hit one more 60 (20 trips). Hit right outside Bullseye for 25 and then 18 doubles slot. This is 301 in 6 darts.

Sane_Or_Insane
05-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I hate darts I am not that good with maths. As for bowling it took me to days to figure out I had to use the right joystick to move I had Niko standing in the ready position for a very long time when I took played free game when I realised I had to use right stick I had to pay for the games.

I do not know if what I posted is spoiler for some so I highlighted them black.

blessedhomicide
05-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Is there a way to put english on the cue when you hit it in pool?

snappy
05-07-2008, 09:45 PM
yes you can put english on the cue, think its the right stick, but you have to do it before you hit A.

Also incase anyone hasnt noticed, the game lines up your next shot, so all you have to do is hit it with the right power, and you should be able to sink 80% of the shots. ;)

Bowling.. Have no clue, can get 2 strikes no problem but its always the 3rd one that mess's with me..

lillb
05-07-2008, 10:08 PM
i got the achievement by taking one step left then flicking the right stick up and right at the same time then flicking it left and most of the time it will give me a strike but its not perfect

EDIT: and pool i've won every game because they suck and scratch the 8 ball

DMannDD
05-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Is there a way to put english on the cue when you hit it in pool?

You have to be on the on table view behind the cue. You then move the RS to set english. I have also realized that you when you pull back and then push forward to strike the cue, you can put english on it. Just flick it up and right or up and left. Haven't figured out how to put back spin on it like this though.

I actually getting pretty good at pool now. Now, that damned bowling. Feels like no matter what I do, it is all the same. Shit load of spares!

blessedhomicide
05-09-2008, 02:31 PM
You have to be on the on table view behind the cue. You then move the RS to set english. I have also realized that you when you pull back and then push forward to strike the cue, you can put english on it. Just flick it up and right or up and left. Haven't figured out how to put back spin on it like this though.

I actually getting pretty good at pool now. Now, that damned bowling. Feels like no matter what I do, it is all the same. Shit load of spares!

Thanks! I'll have to try that out. I thought the pool game was shit because I couldn't figure out how to put English. Using your method, I would think top spin and back spin would be impossible.

DMannDD
05-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks! I'll have to try that out. I thought the pool game was shit because I couldn't figure out how to put English. Using your method, I would think top spin and back spin would be impossible.

You can use top spin and back spin on it with the first method. The on table view before shooting, you can move the stick around the ball and put any spin you want on it.

Sonikdude750
05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
The bowling thing works most of the time, I got 6 strikes in a row at most. You have to make sure you're on the lane farthest to the left (not sure why but it works).

Darts is piss-easy.

Pool is kinda difficult, but you get the hang of it, and it's pretty fun.