View Full Version : Random Characters
05-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Anyone know how long it takes for them to show up the second time?
I've done all of them but a few and they just aren't showing up where they are supposed to be for the second time.
05-06-2008, 12:18 AM
What I did is I would go visit other characters. If they weren't there, I'd go to the safehouse and save the game then go for another pass. Keep in mind you do not need to meet Ivan, Clarence, Charise, or Jeff.
05-06-2008, 12:20 AM
I've met everyone there is to meet, and finished most of them. There are only a few left (all second or third missions for them), but they just won't come. None of them. And I've saved a lot. It's getting annoying because I thought I'd get done tonight :P
05-06-2008, 06:24 PM
i finally found eddie low....BEST RANDOM CHARACTER EVER
05-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah, he was amazing and sick. I have them all except for the third encounter with Brian, but he just won't show up.
05-07-2008, 06:01 AM
Brian is the crackhead character yeah? The one who gives you $100 at first for no reason then you take him to his dealer the second time? If so then I've done his third mission and I've not even reache Alqonquin yet.
05-07-2008, 06:14 AM
my buddy was having the same problem.. he kept going by the spots their are supposed to be at and they havent been showing up but i've gotten nearly al of them just by playing and randomly coming across them
05-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah, that's Brian.
I've gotten everyone, and I've checked on his third location like twenty times now, always different times of day and stuff, and he just won't show up.
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't know what to say then, he appeared on mine right after I saved in Bohan and decided to drive back through Dukes at night and he was just waiting there.
05-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I've been doing all the other side missions, passing by where he was supposed to be everytime i finish one of the missions. It's really starting to worry me that he won't show up
1. Badman: You will find him sitting on a bench in front of the Pill Pharm after you complete the mission "Shadow." He will ask you to accompany him for a hit on a Russian gang.
2. Brian Part 3: He will be standing on a street corner after you have completed both of his other encounters. He will ask you to protect him as he goes to apologize to some drug dealers.
3. Brian Part 1: You will find him next to Roman's Cab Depot after you complete the mission "It's Your Call." He will hand you $100 as an insult for looking poor.
4. Mel: He will be standing just up the block from your first safehouse after you complete "Escuela of the Streets." He wants you to protect him while he goes to pay back some loan sharks.
5. Brian Part 2: He will be standing near Vlad's bar after you complete his first encounter. He will ask you to take him to his dealer.
6. Ilyena Faustin: She will be standing on the boardwalk after you complete "Escuela of the Streets." She will ask you to deal with her daughter's new boyfriend, just as her late husband had you deal with her last one.
7. Cherise: You will find her at the Cluckin' Bell after you complete "The Holland Play" and "Ruff Rider," provided you kept her alive in Ruff Ryder. She will ask for protection from her new boyfriend.
8. Clarence: You will find him on the street after completing "Holland Nights," provided you decided to spare him in that mission. He will attack you, and you must defend yourself.
9. Jeff Part 1: He will be standing on a street corner after you complete "Photo Shoot." He will ask you to follow his cheating wife and take a picture of her and her man.
10. Jeff Part 2: Jeff will contact you via cell phone after you complete his first encounter, and ask you to meet him at this location, a parking garage. He has killed his wife and needs assistance in disposing of the body.
11. Marnie Part 2: You will find her leaning against a building on a street corner after completing her first encounter. She will ask you to take her to a train station so she can flee the city.
12. Pathos Part 1: He will be near the Thespian Theaters selling his CDs after you complete "Escuela of the Streets." He will ask you to rough up some of his hecklers.
13. Pathos Part 2: This time he will be just down the street from your previous encounter with him, and will spawn once you complete that first encounter. He will again be dealing with some hecklers, this time take them out, then take Pathos to the hospital.
14. Hossan: He will be selling items on a street corner after you complete "The Puerto Rican Connection." He will ask you to accompany him on a few errands to collect money owed to him.
15. Sara Part 1: She will standing in Suffolk during nighttime hours after completing "The Puerto Rican Connection." She will ask you to take her home to make her husband jealous, culminating in a fight with him.
16. Jeff Part 3: You will find him sitting on a sidewalk after completing his second encounter. He will ask you to kill his new wife, when you say no, he will kill himself, end of mission.
17. Marnie Part 1: Marnie will be sitting on a park bench by the large fountain after you complete "Three Leaf Clover." She will ask you to take her to her dealer to get her drugs.
18. Sara Part 2: She will be standing near Pier 45 once you complete her first encounter, even though she won't recognize you. She will ask you to pick up a package at Perseus and bring it back to her.
19. Eddie Low Part 1: He will be at the end of an alley between 10pm and 4am after you complete "Three Leaf Clover." He will ask you to escort him to the docks.
20. Eddie Low Part 2: He will be waiting for you between 10pm and 4am after you finish your first encounter with him. He will attack you, and you will have to eliminate him.
21. Ivan: Provided you kept him alive in "Ivan the Not So Terrible, you will find him on a street corner after completing "Three Leaf Clover." He will ask you to escort him as he collects debts.
22. Gracie: After you complete "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend," Gerry will ask you to protect his family. As you walk by Gracie's home, she will send her guards to attack you, and you need to defend yourself.
05-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I've got all of those except for Brian #3
05-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Can they not be killed like some of the other non-main characters? Because if they can, they might be a problem.
05-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Brian #3 appeared for me on Sunday (17:44 when I found him) on a street corner one block east of Michelle's flat, one block south of the highway on-ramps in the Downtown area. I had just completed "Crime and Punishment," Faustin's first mission to pull over vans loaded with televisions using a police car.
If anyone should come across a random character, it may be a good idea to list the time, day, and location they appear in an effort to narrow down our future searches.
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I finally got him.
05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
nc, for all your hard work! a big applause!!
05-10-2008, 08:36 AM
I met a girl on crack in middle park and had to take her for her dealer and pay for her crack.
05-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Playing thru the game a third time and noticing that these random characters are not exactly random. Earlier I had posted that Brian's third encounter occurred on a Sunday one block east of Michelle's flat. In this playthrough, he appeared there again, on a Sunday, and in the same spot. The only difference is that it was early in the day instead of later at night. These characters seem to spawn on certain 'weekdays' after their prerequisite mission has been completed. This may or may not be the case, however, as I've always run smack into Badman directly after completing the Shadow mission. I didn't take note of the day he was there so I'm not going to rule out coincidence just yet.
To clear things up, random actually adheres also to the fact that they are just random people who confront Niko, some from his past, some from LC etc. Not just the fact that they appear from nowhere.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.