PDA

View Full Version : Rolled Over; $500,000 Acheivement(s)

x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
05-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Best place to do multiple rolls after car collision?
Tried many; Full Speed Cop Car Off a random ramp etc etc

& What's the best way to earn money quickly. Hospital keeps bringing me down everytime i die while on a MostWanted Hunt

Did Brucie Car Search;
Rob Cab everytime I use it;
need help

please & thanks

jwrebholz
05-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Hold up an ATM. Find someone using an ATM, wait for them to finish and shoot them--you'll get all the cash they just took out.

zim
05-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Just beat the story missions to get $500,000, you'll get it EASY.

Thundercracker
05-05-2008, 10:03 PM
You can do rolls with a fast vehicle or any vehicle you know rolls easily. Drive to the airport and ride up the yellow airport markers next to the runway going as fast as you can.

You get a 4 star wanted level for being on the runway, but the cops are a pushover here; they tend to mostly avoid the runway when they spawn.

You might get very frustrated, I know I did. I did the exact amount and more and it didn't count. You can flip and roll, so don't worry about how you rotate, just that you do.

Nikolai
05-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Steal a groupe 6 van and blow it up.

Lots and lots of cash. Be warned though, by blowing that vehicle up you get an instant 2star wanted level and if you call anyone to have it rescinded the money vanishes with it.

So full body armour and health, at least one machine gun and make sure you have an escape vehicle handy.

x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
05-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks, Olin & Nikolai. Appreciate the tips. Gonna try em' tonight.

& for the other guy; I completed story mode already.
However, it's just the HOSPITAL that's killing me. The fucking doctors might as well get ski masks & strap on some rifles.
It's fucking robery lol. I see my Money drop drastically every time I'm released.

bennifer3000
05-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I recommend that you do it at the airport. You'll probably get 4 stars, but with a mid-level car like a Police Car or Taxi. The high performance cars don't roll too well.

GSS1
05-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Found any sort of Patriot to be good for rolling at the airport.

Just speed down the runway and hit one of those ramps and you should be able to get it.
If you don't. Just rinse and repeat.

lillb
05-08-2008, 10:11 PM
yea the hospital kills ur money man thats why i usually reload the game when i die so that i can keep my 10 grand

jay-tee
05-11-2008, 03:08 AM
BEST WAY OF MAKING MONEY

today i found it, finish the stevie missions, rob the grotti dealer (near persues and ur safe house in algonquin, on the east side of the island) and park the car in his garage, easiest 11 grand u can make in 2 mins, and the best part, u can do it as many times as you like, even if u just sit out the from of his garage stealing everything and anything that goes past, youre guaranteed money fast

or you could kill alot of hookers

x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
05-11-2008, 03:17 AM
use tags in front of shit like that about stevie; this site revolves around that lol

Sasha
05-11-2008, 06:01 AM
For Achievement help search Youtube , They have many detailed and smart ways of getting alot of the GTAIV achievements.

MyNameIsRamone
05-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Money is easy, just finish the story you get $250,000 for the bank job AND for the final mission.

lillb
05-11-2008, 01:37 PM
i recently got the 500k achievement
i just did a bunch of missions including the bank one and some of stevie's and i try to reload the game when i die so that i dont give all my money to the hospital

Ash_735
05-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I've gave up on the Rolled Over achievement, after I done 8 flips and this long crash and still didn't get it, that kind of took the piss.

lillb
05-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I've gave up on the Rolled Over achievement, after I done 8 flips and this long crash and still didn't get it, that kind of took the piss.

i tried doing it at the airport it it never worked and the cops just kept chasing me and my car got destroyed and i eventually died

thenotsogoodtrickster
05-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Sorry for the bump, but I just had a thought.

The achievement says 5 rolls in one crash. Crash. So methinks you have to start the jump like a crash, basically take damage and then roll. As I've noticed some people just think they have to do 5 rolls from a barrel roll or a jump. I haven't had time to test this out, but when I got it I used the little yellow airport ramps, if you just do it like a barrel roll at full speed, it should count as a crash from the way the car hits the ramp, then doing the five rolls should earn you the achievement. I also had a problem, I done like 6 or 7 rolls, but thinking back, I don't recall taking any damage until I landed.

CB
05-15-2008, 01:59 PM
It's known that this Achievement is massively flawed as most people have experienced. I've gotten 6/7/8 rolls and nothing btu did only 3 and got the Achievement. There's no set way, it's just try, try and try again really.

Ash_735
05-15-2008, 02:53 PM
It's true, it's flawed, after I agve up and was stunting, I done 1 flip and got the achievement right away.

Ash_735
05-15-2008, 03:09 PM
It's true, after I gave up, when randomly stunting I done 1 flip and got the achievement right away.

dillinja
05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
This achievement really has me, tried for hours n replicated sme others i have seen on youtube videos but still cant manage 5 rolls. Anyone know a gd way of getting it besides what i already no (airport, not lowered car etc.). im finding that if you turn away from the ramp slighly just as u hit it it works slightly better but its still not rolling 5 times.

CB
05-15-2008, 06:28 PM
The only proven tricks are to hit the ramp with only half of your car, or do a quick handbrake turn just before you hit it, which is what I did. But it's just a lucky crash that will do it.

dillinja
05-15-2008, 06:37 PM
kk, i'll have to keep trying. Keep getting discouraged by the cops catching me when the car lands on its roof, n then having to cme all the way back from the hospital.

lillb
05-15-2008, 07:15 PM
got it today with a police patriot at the airport
i think i had the same issue as others i rolled a bunch of times (more than 5) and didnt get shit but then soon after i rolled maybe 3 times? and i got the acheivement