PDA

View Full Version : Chain Reaction achievement

Kwanza
05-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Alright this is really starting to get irritating.

I've blocked off the Algonqiun bridge with a bus, waited for about 15 cars, grenaded then rocketed them. They ALL blow up in less than 10 seconds, yet I still haven't gotten the achievement. I've done it 5 times now and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and it's really freakin' irritating.

Anybody got tips, advice or what I'm doing wrong?

CB
05-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I spent hours trying this, don't use the weapons cheat, buy about 4 rockets and do that method. It seems any cheats disable Achievements altogether.

Xan
05-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I might completely miss the point here, but looking at the name "Chain Reaction", maybe one car needs to set off another, and the next one another and etc.

If you can't get it that way then I'm not really sure what the problem is, might be broken from start.

Kwanza
05-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I spent hours trying this, don't use the weapons cheat, buy about 4 rockets and do that method. It seems any cheats disable Achievements altogether.
I haven't cheated once.

I might completely miss the point here, but looking at the name "Chain Reaction", maybe one car needs to set off another, and the next one another and etc.
I thought that too, but soon realized that's impossible to do in 10 seconds.

If you can't get it that way then I'm not really sure what the problem is, might be broken from start.
A lot of the achievements are broken so it's possible. I got the "Rolled Over" achievement by rolling once...

Jay
05-04-2008, 03:38 PM
This was easier than the "One Man Army" achievement. I didn't even use a weapon, my car set on fire in Algonqiun and I left it near one of those 4 lane roads and got the achievement as I watched them all explode.

Ash_735
05-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I've not attempted this one yet, I did find the "Under The Radar" achivement is broke, I found out many people have had problems with it, but I got it by going under the last bridge (Furthest Left Alderney) and because it's quite a high bridge, if you're too low it won't register, you have to levitate higher to actually be under the bridge before it counts that you've gone under it.

SwitchBlade
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Try going to Autoeroticar there is always atleast 6 or 7 cars already parked, so just go steal some more and cram them in and launch a rocket at them lol

Kwanza
05-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Got it now, though I blew up more like 30 cars on the bridge. The only thing I did different really was shoot a gun first and everyone scurried out of their cars. Maybe they have to be empty cars?

GSS1
05-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I just went for the Colony Island parking lot for about 8 cars and grabbed two more from the street. Put them in a pile. And started to lob grenades into the middle.

Dooli
05-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Go to the car park on Leavenworth Ave. There should be 8 or 9 cars there, just steal some others, park them all side by side and chuck grenades at them.