PDA

View Full Version : Shake a 4* wanted level achievement

Neil
04-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I've been trying this for a while now. Just trying to escape them through the streets doesn't work, so I tried leaping off the end of a runway in a banshee. No luck. Didn't work in a Turismo either - both cars are almost but not quite fast enough to leap the radius of the wanted circle.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to do this?

Grimmy
04-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Try driving through the subway.

RooUnit
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Not only subway, but get a chopped, get the wanted level then get in your chopped and BOMB it, i got the acheivement at the airport completely by accident, just flew on a bike from one end of the runway to the other, then got off me bike and stood still for 5 seconds or so.

baleent
04-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Fly away from the island?

JFFSTRCH
04-30-2008, 10:00 AM
i did it at the air port their are hiding places because the police have a hard time getting there

MyNameIsRamone
04-30-2008, 10:49 AM
I sat in my turismo at one end of the runway and when the wanted stars came up, just sped it to the other end and into the water, it works.

Kwanza
04-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I got a fast car and went to the airport, super easy.

Ash_735
04-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Damn it, I done it the hard way, driving a shitty sedan through Broker until I finally got out of the radius. One Man Army however, piss easy, I just ran across the Broker Bridge and stayed on the stairs, the police don't come up and you're out of sight from the Helicopters.

Nikolai
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
It can be done in any vehicle, you just have to be careful where you get the 4* and keep looking at the map. I've escaped several times, even in slow vans. So it is possible.

The easiest way to do it is at the airport, early in the game if you drive on to the landing strip you will get 4* and you can get out of the zone quite easily there. It's where I did it when I got the game. Not sure if you get 4* if you open the whole map though.

Thundercracker
05-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I drove around in some car with horrible handling and managed to get it (every other turn I lost control and found myself facing the direction I came from). Constantly check your map and plan your route. You'll easily shake them off entirely if you keep that up.

Ash_735
05-02-2008, 04:37 PM
It can be done in any vehicle, you just have to be careful where you get the 4* and keep looking at the map. I've escaped several times, even in slow vans. So it is possible.

The easiest way to do it is at the airport, early in the game if you drive on to the landing strip you will get 4* and you can get out of the zone quite easily there. It's where I did it when I got the game. Not sure if you get 4* if you open the whole map though.

If you want an easy 4 star wanted anytime, just go to the internet cafe and visit www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com then log off.

Jakenz
05-02-2008, 07:24 PM
its pritty easy to do i just got a cop car caused some havock and drove away on a high way exit the serch radius and just watch where the cops are coming from. if there are none just stop but if they are coming towards you just jump off the highway and wait it out. i done it very early on in the game too.

Neil
05-03-2008, 01:34 PM
If you want an easy 4 star wanted anytime, just go to the internet cafe and visit www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com then log off.

Doesn't work for this achievement. The website gives a 5 star rating, whereas you must have a 4 star to get the achievement.

LordLeverette
05-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I've been trying this for a while now. Just trying to escape them through the streets doesn't work, so I tried leaping off the end of a runway in a banshee. No luck. Didn't work in a Turismo either - both cars are almost but not quite fast enough to leap the radius of the wanted circle.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to do this?

I managed to do it by going around the highway about 2 times, then going into dukes and cutting through (EVERY) alleyway. I made it barely out of the circle, and had to avoid cops by using line-of sight (There was a cop right around the corner, so I stayed in the alley). Basically, once you're in town, take risks and head towards anything that looks like an alley on your radar.

box_roller
05-04-2008, 02:22 AM
I ditched a 6 star today by driving on the tram tracks. Didn't get an achievement because of the wanted level cheat?

blood
05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I ditched a 6 star today by driving on the tram tracks. Didn't get an achievement because of the wanted level cheat?
yeah that's why you didn't get it don't use cheats.

DMannDD
05-06-2008, 07:17 AM
There is a mission about a quarter through the game where you have to lose a 4* wanted level. So I got it then.

n00bh4x0r
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Bleh... I had so much fun escaping and going back in the circle just to keep it going... Try with the Infernus and ride in Algonquin... felt easy to me I didnt really understood what was so hard you guys found but meh... Good luck!

upstateelehant
05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Try driving through the subway.

I lost 6 stars by this method, took about 15 mins (maybe longer) but it FINALLY worked. Not the most exciting way either, but it's the first time in any GTA that I've escaped 6 stars without using cheats.

apeezee
05-07-2008, 01:24 AM
I posted this in another thread, but ill put it in here as well. The tried and true way to loose cops: Use your mini-map! As each new cop car spawns, it shows up on the map, along with cops on foot, and choppers. Just going straight down the road will NOT loose the cops. The AI is actually pretty smart in this case. If the cops see you going down a road, more often then not, a cop car will spawn coming the opposite way on that road. The key is to keep making turns while watching the minimap. Going straight won't shake em. I usually will go straight about 3-4 blocks, then turn.. Go about 1-2 then turn, this causes the cops that were following you to now be going in the opposite direction of you. Then just turn according to where the cop cars spawn. If choppers are an issue, get into an area with lots of buildings and make lots of turns, they can't handle that. :)

Pignoah
05-07-2008, 03:30 AM
4 isn't that bad, just good neat driving is the key.

6 is fucking impossible though.